Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Back from a long break! Need Help!

Hello, I used to multibox back in TBC and WoTLK release with 4 shamans, but that was a long time ago and things have changed. I used a program which basically copied what I did on one screen onto the others. Back then I used a lot of macros and guesswork to multibox. Im back into WoW and want to start boxing with 3 toons, however dont know what software to use!

Ive been looking around and Ive seen ones like ISBoxer and PwnBoxer but personally dont like the idea of having all my screens on one, it seems to slow the game down if anything...for example sorting equipment and accepting dungeons etc. Can you please suggest which software would personally suit me and if you have any suggestions on how to make it a lot easier, or lazier to use.

Regard, Rory.

The noob multiboxer, pro actual boxer.

I removed your other thread because there's no need for multiple posts on the exact same subject.

Quote Originally Posted by rorytymon View Post
    dont like the idea of having all my screens on one, it seems to slow the game down if anything...for example sorting equipment and accepting dungeons etc. Can you please suggest which software would personally suit me and if you have any suggestions on how to make it a lot easier, or lazier to use.
    What do you mean by this? You don't like the idea of having all of your game clients on the same machine? Computers becoming more powerful over the years has pretty much lessened the need for multiple computers, but if you still want to use multiple computers you can -- Both ISBoxer and Keyclone (and maybe even HotKeyNet) allow for networking multiple machines together.

What I mean is that the new software shows all your clients at the same time whereas before it was just the master client shown, is there a programme which allows for me just to view one wow at a time and have all the others underneath or minimised?

just run them in windowed mode (can be configured in the WoW Display Settings) and switch to your main window.
    | Keyclone + AHK | Alliance | EU | PvE |

I would like a program to broadcast what button pressing and mouse clicking with configurations though? I had this about 4-5 years ago so surely with advances in technology something like this is still available?

button broadcast: Keyclone / ISBoxer

afaik ISBoxer supports mouse broadcasting, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    button broadcast: Keyclone / ISBoxer

afaik ISBoxer supports mouse broadcasting, too.
    So with ISBoxer you dont have to have all of the screens shown at once?

What I mean is that the new software shows all your clients at the same time whereas before it was just the master client shown, is there a programme which allows for me just to view one wow at a time and have all the others underneath or minimised?
    Hiding game clients behind other game clients doesn't help with system resources at all -- I showed this off in the Hardware Science thread almost three years ago. If what you're saying was true then you'd be able to just open up a program like Notepad, lay it on top of your game clients to "hide" them, and magically gain performance (which doesn't happen).

Either way, ISBoxer gives you the option to stack your game clients on top of each other. Other software choices may also give this option, but I haven't used anything else in five years.

MiRai:
    maybe it isn't a performance issue, maybe rorytymon just uses one small monitor and therefore only wants to see his mainchar in full monitor view.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    MiRai:
    maybe it isn't a performance issue, maybe rorytymon just uses one small monitor and therefore only wants to see his mainchar in full monitor view.
    Sure, that could be it, but I'm reading this as performance-related:

Ive been looking around and Ive seen ones like ISBoxer and PwnBoxer but personally dont like the idea of having all my screens on one, it seems to slow the game down if anything...for example sorting equipment and accepting dungeons etc.
    Either way, it's a little confusing because I don't know how sorting equipment or accepting dungeons can be sped up when your screens are stacked on top of each other, but we'll just have to wait for clarification from the OP.