Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Default subcap c5 ratting

Does anyone have experience with multiboxing the anomalies in c5 space? What would you guys suggest trying out apart from domis? Right now ive used armor rr domis but due to the strain they put on mass and the fact that i am in a active corp that might not like me closing the hole every time i put my characters back and forth i am looking for alternatives in about the same price range. Marauders are too expensive/big per ship as well.

I'm not a WH dweller myself, but from what I know, people usually use t3s with t2 logi to do anomalies in other holes. I know some multiboxers were using Gilas pre-Kronos, but I'm not sure how well they fare after the changes.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

have you considered spider tanked tengus? its been a while since ive been in a c5, but i remember spider tanked tengus being popular, but i think that was before the HML nerf.

We have 3 multiboxers in a c5/c5.

We use a mixture of things.

I have used RR domis, 5 of them at a time, doesn't stress holes TOO much, and you can use them for an hour before rolling farm etc.

Also, Ishtar / Logi are amazing.

Also, Paladin remote repair / DPS also works.

Mokoi, could i get you to screenshot your window layout for RR domis? right im just using isboxer for broadcasting and stacked clients with quick swapping, i am considering going with RR domis but the swapping between clients to do remote rep is something i could do without, but havent figured out a way to set it up with dxnothing/videofeeds/isboxermagic. My biggest problem is probably going to be that i only have 1 screen so room is limited, however all i need is a good way to manage the RR since drone assist works with up to 11 domis.

You went back to the c5? How's that working out Mokoi?
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzuule View Post
    Mokoi, could i get you to screenshot your window layout for RR domis? right im just using isboxer for broadcasting and stacked clients with quick swapping, i am considering going with RR domis but the swapping between clients to do remote rep is something i could do without, but havent figured out a way to set it up with dxnothing/videofeeds/isboxermagic. My biggest problem is probably going to be that i only have 1 screen so room is limited, however all i need is a good way to manage the RR since drone assist works with up to 11 domis.
    im not mokoi, but i use rr domis and i get the rr part set up via watch list. i just go down the line and just +1 each on the watchlist and with broadcast, they all target first person on watchlist and get cap and rep chain going. This is usually fine, but occasionally incoming dps is higher than single repper chain, so they need to focus reppers. at that time i use broadcast for armor and since all fleet windows are in the same place, i target and rep. pretty straight forward.

only thing to watch for is that you dont kill yourself by accidentally having your drones attack your own guys. ive done that and while trying to stabilize reps be utterly confused where the dps is coming from.

also to avoid that completely ive been using a drone bunny in a webbing loki. increases damge , adds damage and lets me deal with frigates without having to switch to light drones.
    reason for the need to deal with frigates was because iw as also running 10/10 deds too in the same set up.

Thats how i do it as well with the watchlist.

The thing that annoys me is when i got things locked i have to swap to the other clients to change reps from the target they locked first which is what im working on fixing atm. Think i got is sorted now though, will update in an hour or two.
    Last edited by Alzuule : 06-25-2014 at 04:37 PM

I always prelock my cap chain first and pull that target up in the target list so its by itself above anything else that I target. If i need to single target rep someone, i just use broadcast and target anew. if the repping target is someone's chain, they continue to rep the chain and doesnt have a new target and if its not, its the last target so just selecting the empty space for the chain guy and self and everyone else targeting the new target... if that makes sense.

This is my setup.

I'll explain a bit further, too.

smorb_layout.jpg

Most importantly in EVE is your overview. I have mine setup so I can see all of the brackets on my overviews, just to make sure they are aligned, and to ensure they are all in the same system, etc at a glance. Also works for targeting etc.

The HUDs I have stacked next to their modules, so I can activate mods easily. The huds are interactive, so if I click on them, the pilot associated with the HUD broadcasts for reps. The overview bracket windows are also interactive, so if I click on them, they will also broadcast for reps. This is important in two different ways.

Typically in PvE, all rats or sleepers will target one ship, and in a C5 or C6 wormhole, this gives you precious seconds to call for reps in a fleet. Since you can see who is being yellow boxed, and anticipate damage from the overviews, it's very nice to be ahead of the DPS, and be able to have your logi support or RR ships start locking you just behind the rats / sleepers. This results in much faster reps on your ships, cna can equate to fewer losses.

On the HUD side, it's often the case in PvP where ships will target multiple hostiles and apply DPS as a group to only one of them out of many. For this reason, the HUDs provide situationally better information on who needs reps and how urgently. You might have a BS and a Cruiser being yellow boxed, but you will know that the cruiser will require reps much sooner than the BS, and it's harder to lock it on your logi. The Hud can also show you how much of the DPS is being focused on one toon, as opposed to the overviews, which onyl relay information about who is being shot, does not help as much to find out who is taking more damage. (unless of course you have a Dread targeting your ship, always keep your overview organized to see the biggest threats at the top, or they could be lost in a huge battle, and you may miss th fact that a dread is about to blap your MWD BS or BC.

I'm not finished with my UI yet, and I have two computers, with a scout / recon on the other monitor, making it easier to scout with 2 characters effectively or Logi on one minitor and DPS on another.

All-in-all I am way happy with how easy it is to box EVE, less so about how easy it is to find fights when everyone knows you are going to drop ishtars on them

Props go to Lord's Servant, who even though I don't fly with him any more, I am grateful to him and his corp for the help they gave me, training me for my life in a WH.

Morg, yes I am back in WH. I had to take a long month and a half AFG because of RL stuff, and I wasn't able to train much, but we joined a great WH corp, and have room for more, if you are interested in applying

Fly it like you stole it.