I've done 3x Drakes in a C2-C3, and used 1x Vargur in a C5, but I'm looking to work my way into clearing C5s more efficiently with the pilots I have. I see lots of mention of RR domi balls, and I've participated in them many times. However, are there glaring issues with mael/logi balls?

2x Basi:
c5_basi_logibro.png

4x Mael:
c5_mael_logibro.png

This should have enough tank to survive everything but the Forgotten Core Information Pen and maybe Core Stronghold. Managing reps should be very simple, with a pair of Basi's pre-locking all the Maels. Sleeper neuts are only a concern in the logi chain, which can be countered by applying the secondary cap transfer to the Basi's, instead of topping off a Mael.

Per EFT, it should project damage very well out to 50-70km, which is the max that sleepers orbit at. It would likely fall apart very easily if someone were to drop it, as the reps would easily be jammed, but it is cheap enough to write off and hopefully it goes down fighting. My concerns would lie in mixed weapons, in that every Mael will have to target the same target to apply gun DPS, on top of the assisted drone DPS. Frigates will also be a problem, but I think half of the Maels could be fit with webs, or maybe drop a gun for a smart bomb. Not sure how to handle this yet.

For reference, I've done solo C5 sites in a Vargur, but I'm looking for a way to decrease clear times, decrease ISK on field(~2b Vargur fit is nerve wracking), and maintain the ability to run C5 sites solo(my corp isn't always active when I am). An added bonus would be the ability to train the Mael pilots into the Nag(and use the Vargur and almost-Vargur pilots I already have), and I could potentially use the Basi pilots for reps in PvP/PvE if my corp needs them instead of my PvP main.

Is this a terribad idea? Triple boxing drakes was pretty easy, but I'm not sure if quad-boxing DPS + dual-boxing reps would be too much to manage? Or if Maels are a terrible ship to use for DPS. I've used a pair in a C4 on Sisi with decent success, no clue if that translates well to C5 sites.