Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default BG follow MKIII using Brew-pup (isboxer setup)

So with this setup and going to guide you how to have a nice follow in bg's this can be used with the mount i posted a few months ago (http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...-isboxer-setup)

But this is more for casters or when your stuck in combat or a room of some kind where you can not mount. Anyway lets Start.

1st You need to buy the Alterac Brew-Pup its pet from the pet store. Ingame or out of game. The soul-trader would work the same (if they keep it in ashran)

2nd Your Chars will need a full Bags for this to work if not they pick up the item and it be nolonger lootable. Till you A: Drink them Or B: Remove them form your bags* You could use a marcio but i find it took to long for the game to catch up and it made the follow very laggy. (soul-trader would not need this)

Ok lets start: we can not be using a focus as we need the pet to be focus as the no-combat pets do not have a targetID.
    Other Things to note is when you main dies they lose the focus and you need to resetup focus.

So we need to go into wow and set to Keymaps in your key bildings menu.

You need to set interact with target (ill be using ITW form now on) I am taking you already have this setup to a keymap.

You can set them to whatever you have spare or not using. Just note down and change what you change them to.

This is what i have mine set to

Focus Target F7
    Target Focus Alt+S
    ITW Mum Pad 0

So the next set we need a New Mapped Key. This will be used to set the focus of YOUR TARGET (so target the pup before u press this). i have mine set to Sift+1 you need to do this after ever time you zone into a bg or die! or change master and resummon a new pet.

and the last part is the simple part just add the two keys from wow into a new keymap.

Alt+S and mumpad0 make sure Click to move is on and they all should work.

I don't really think this is killing any rule if blizzard does not like it am sure they just Hotfix the pet. as always stay safe and don't do anything silly like taking loads of chars and kill the game for others.
    Last edited by ebony : 10-03-2014 at 06:54 AM Reason: added old post

cool beans
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Just wondering if there is a shortcut to quickly fill up our bags and vice versa? Perhaps some macro to split a stack of items to 1 unit per bag slot?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGrizzly View Post
    Just wondering if there is a shortcut to quickly fill up our bags and vice versa? Perhaps some macro to split a stack of items to 1 unit per bag slot?
    i use blacksmith hammers. as they only stack once and cost like 1c

i remove bags i unuse as well..

kind sucks using this in ashran as well due the way u get loot bags though they should get mailed to you.

10char
    Last edited by Apatheist : 12-05-2014 at 03:15 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    Code:
    /run for bag = 0,4,1 do for slot = 1, 32, 1 do local name = GetContainerItemLink(bag,slot); if name and string.find(name,"Mulled Alterac Brandy") then PickupContainerItem(bag,slot); DeleteCursorItem(); end; end; end
    Beats having to fill your bags IMO.
    the prob is running this slows down the system (as u can not click the pet as fast). and your spam BG with the beer. (this is Very bad) as your going to keep getting reported and in the end i could see it getting removed from bg's.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    the prob is running this slows down the system (as u can not click the pet as fast). and your spam BG with the beer. (this is Very bad) as your going to keep getting reported and in the end i could see it getting removed from bg's.
    I've tested with and without deleting and saw no difference in FPS or latency.

I did just notice the chat spam in the loot tab, though. That's probably a good reason not to do it that way. I never look at that tab so I hadn't realized it'd spam so much.

Edit out the script from your post please so it doesn't get used

Quote Originally Posted by Apatheist View Post
    I've tested with and without deleting and saw no difference in FPS or latency.

I did just notice the chat spam in the loot tab, though. That's probably a good reason not to do it that way. I never look at that tab so I hadn't realized it'd spam so much.

Edit out the script from your post please so it doesn't get used
    i was not talking about your system but when u use the macro i find it took a bit of time for the item to come back on the pet.

So you meen the no follow MKII post Script?

I could have sworn crazyknate was doing this and a GM came on live while he was streaming. They seemed to imply they strongly suggested not doing the brew-pup work around for a follow command in bg. Was just wondering your thoughts as they could easily so it was against there policy to not a a follow in BG's anymore.

Implying they do not like the usage of this work-around and outright banning it are two different things, and personally I'm willing to risk it until they specifically tell us not to do it, or make it impossible. They could easily disable the pet in battlegrounds like they did with the soul-trader pet if they wished and that would be it. Until then or a time when they statem, without ambiguity, it to be against the rules, I'll continue BGing.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 12-10-2014 at 05:34 AM