Close
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 143

Default Multiboxing Q&A - Hunter Edition

Did I really just watch 4 hunters solo-box a 90 heroic at 90? I left mine at 80 after WotLK primarily because I had zero luck doing current-level instances with them, let alone heroics. They were always my first love in terms of classes, though (love pet-primary classes).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Did I really just watch 4 hunters solo-box a 90 heroic at 90?
    Thank you for watching! Hunters are a TON of fun!

So I took my warrior/shammy team into some battlegrounds. Not fun at all. Like - game quitting level of not fun. Going to take a break for a bit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    So I took my warrior/shammy team into some battlegrounds. Not fun at all. Like - game quitting level of not fun. Going to take a break for a bit I think.

I quit around the time they took /follow out of BGs. BUT i am looking forward to the new PvP zone in WoD, so long as they dont disable /follow there before all is said and done.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I quit around the time they took /follow out of BGs. BUT i am looking forward to the new PvP zone in WoD, so long as they dont disable /follow there before all is said and done.

It wasn't the lack of follow that made it so bad though. Multiperson mounts, the alterac brew pup, and IWT make the lack of follow tolerable in most battlegrounds.

The level of ineptitude from the other players in the groups I got stuck in - holy cow. Objective based pvp with only four players following the objectives while the other team actually plays to win - not so cool.

Maybe it gets better at higher level brackets?

Can you tell me what factor (or combination thereof) that lets you survive current-level heroics with your hunters? I'd have been surprised to see 5 hunters succeed, let alone FOUR. Or is this less of a case of special setup as much as doing specific instances that lend themselves to hunter mechanics being survivable?

I have done heroics with only 3 hunters. The pets take so litle dmg and holds aggro perfectly with missdirection (even with out too) its all about the dps realy and keep your pet alive (but that's not hard in any way) .. imo

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Or is this less of a case of special setup as much as doing specific instances that lend themselves to hunter mechanics being survivable?
    There really isn't a special setup per say, just being able to steamroll the mechanics before they get started. My hunters do around 120k dps each on boss fights, i'd say that they'd struggle a bit at a lower gear level - but it would still be very doable. My wife will solo heroics from time to time on her hunter, or if I have a team that just needs valor. She routinely averages at around 500k dps in our raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilo View Post
    The pets take so litle dmg and holds aggro perfectly with missdirection (even with out too) its all about the dps realy and keep your pet alive (but that's not hard in any way) .. imo
    This.

The hunter class hasn't really changed much since Wrath/Cata - but the instances are, in most cases, much easier. I remember multiboxing 5m heroics in cata and struggling hard core with my shammy team and my priest team.

Huh. I didn't realize the new BM specs were that good at pet tanking. Granted, the last instance run I did was very shortly after Cataclysm (early 80s). I'll give that another look. They're all 84 so it shouldn't be too much work getting them to 90. I appreciate all the info! o7