Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default [Wildstar] DX11 and DX9 clients?

Recently I noticed that when I start my two Wildstar clients they are using different DirectX versions. On the login screen at the top right it tells you the DX path.

One of my clients reports DX11 and the other says DX9. The two clients get wildly different FPS as well, can't remember which is the good one though...

Anyone know how to force a client in to DX9 or DX11?
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    Anyone know how to force a client in to DX9 or DX11?
    By using either the -dx11 or -dx9 commandline parameter. You can edit (and create) profiles under the IS taskbar menu (right-click > Configuration > Game Configuration > Edit Profile(s)).

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

Thanks MiRai, odd they are choosing different DX versions by themselves though.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Thanks MiRai, odd they are choosing different DX versions by themselves though.
    Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. Could be related to hardware, drivers, OS, or... anything really.

I forgot to say that, if you create multiple game profiles for the same game and want to switch between them then, in the upper-left pane, you need to select each Character in ISBoxer, and in the lower-right pane, change the game profile.

I finally got around to forcing DX11.
    Oddly enough the second client errors out with:
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 678
Size:  21.2 KB

I have two 7970 vid cards each powering a monitor. Never had this issue before.

I created a new Window Layout assigning the other character to the problem monitor and got the same error. Maybe that vid card is faulty...looking for a DirectX 11 test I can run on that monitor/vid card.

World of Warcraft has a similar limitation where it can't utilize DX11 with a non-primary GPU/Monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    World of Warcraft has a similar limitation where it can't utilize DX11 with a non-primary GPU/Monitor.
    Interesting, thanks for the info. Any way around it?
    The DX9 client gets about 1/3rd of the FPS of the DX11 unfortunately. I'll just leave it on super low settings and boost up the primary window.

Interesting, thanks for the info. Any way around it?
    Not that I know of.