Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: ISBoxer Macros

Default ISBoxer Macros

Read some threads, albeit 2012 so I don't know if they're still relavent, re:rotations and spell sequences and hopefully, have less ambiguous questions:

1. It looks like I can do a full rotation for everyone via stepping in ISBoxer on one spam key, and then use a second key for procs. Am I on the right track here, or is there a better way?

2. What would be the best way to time the steps so one spell doesn't interrupt the casting of the first step spell? It looks like my options are to enter an actual real-time via stepping in ISBoxer for every spell (yikes) or each spell would be a generic macro [nochanneling, exists, nodead]

3. Or is there an easier/more efficient way to accomplish #2?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Zork View Post
    Read some threads, albeit 2012 so I don't know if they're still relavent, re:rotations and spell sequences and hopefully, have less ambiguous questions:

1. It looks like I can do a full rotation for everyone via stepping in ISBoxer on one spam key, and then use a second key for procs. Am I on the right track here, or is there a better way?
    You can, but I wouldn't end up creating like 90-step rotations because that's probably incredibly inefficient.

2. What would be the best way to time the steps so one spell doesn't interrupt the casting of the first step spell? It looks like my options are to enter an actual real-time via stepping in ISBoxer for every spell (yikes) or each spell would be a generic macro [nochanneling, exists, nodead]
    This is one of the reasons why it's incredibly inefficient because you can't really "time" the steps. You can choose to 'do not advance' each step with a timer, but because of latency and haste (and probably other factors) that doesn't really work out for more than a few steps (if that) unless you loosen up the timing, but then that just makes it inefficient again.

3. Or is there an easier/more efficient way to accomplish #2?
    I would probably recommend the Pro System, but it can be complicated to set up depending on what you want. Other people resort to wowlazymacros, but we've no idea if those will continue to work beyond this current expansion.

Blog Entries

It depends on the class that you're playing.

With the Death Knight class, there are a series of abilities each on their own resource.
    One spam key, can attempt to call each ability.
    One that uses Frost Runes, another that uses Blood Runes, another that uses Unholy Runes, and another that uses Runic Power.
    Abilities that are not on the Global Cool Down, can be called whenever.

With the Mind Freeze ability, which was usable every 10 seconds, and four Death Knight characters in the party...
    That one spam key was able to call a Mind Freeze mapped key.
    Which would have each character do that ability on their Step.
    But with the Steps set to not advance for at least 2.5 seconds on each character.

This whole rotation worked, because it called things on different cooldowns.
    So when you effectively pushed: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6...
    If something was on cooldown, it could not fire off, and the next thing (or randomly, one of them) could.

With an Elemental Shaman...

Every spell you have uses the same resource, namely: Mana.
    Not many spells have a recast timer, which means if you push 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
    The ability that is on '1', is going to fire off again and again.
    While the others aren't going to fire off.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Blog Entries

Here's an example (different game, LotRO) of someone who is building, or looking to build a DPS rotation.
    It might give you ideas, at least on what IS Boxer can do, depending on how complicated you'd like your rotation to be.

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.p...p=27165#p27165
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thanks to both of you.

The more I am messing with it, the more I realize I just need to keep playing around with it more; kind of a "don't even know what I don't know type of thing."

Ualaa, that link is helpful. I hadn't thought of stepping as a 'loop' prior to seeing that. Cool beans.