Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default boxing heroic Panderia with 493 green gear

Hi guys

I used instant level boost for my team and now have 5 box team in 493 green gear. I failed in Cata multiboxing dungeons and wonder now that Panderia is out, old and well known, can I box the heroics with this level gear? I want to get valor to upgrade and thought heroics would be a good way.

What do I need to know to be successful here?

Quote Originally Posted by Xraptorx View Post
    Hi guys

I used instant level boost for my team and now have 5 box team in 493 green gear. I failed in Cata multiboxing dungeons and wonder now that Panderia is out, old and well known, can I box the heroics with this level gear? I want to get valor to upgrade and thought heroics would be a good way.

What do I need to know to be successful here?
    Unfortunately, I've never multiboxed anything in Pandaria (only played solo) so I can't give you a first-hand view/opinion, but seeing as they were designed for an item level of somewhere around 450, I'd imagine that you'll be just fine. However, it should be obvious that gear is only ever going to take you so far, and if you're a "bad player" to begin with, then you're obviously going to have to work at becoming a better player before things get easier.

you should be good in 493 i can do it easy in last season pvp gear that was 470 somthing? it might be green but its great gear, there a few hc's thats a pain or was last time i played
    Last edited by Khatovar : 06-06-2014 at 02:37 PM

Whilst it's green gear, the stuff you get from boosting is designed for your class and spec so it's far superior to levelling quest greens or random BOE greens.

You might still need a little reforging to get hit/exp cap, but otherwise it's good stuff.

Alternately, there are easy epics available on Timeless Isle. It took me probably 3 hours of grinding chests and killing mobs to get almost all slots (apart from neck, rings and trinkets) filled on a 5 man team. That's all ilvl 496 gear with the option to upgrade 4 times. There's also a good starting epic weapon, or 1h/OH combo for 20,000 timeless coins, which again is very quick if you are boxing.

Mere hours on TI has you ready to enter current level raid content, and out gear any current heroic 5 man.

And, imo, MoP 5 man stuff is a lot easier than Cata was, especially heroics.
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

Thank you guys for the advice and help.

I am going to try Timeless Isles and look for a guide of chest and quests I should do. considering I have not played in years and I am still trying to setup ISboxer, I should start easy. It seems TI gear is also an upgrade to what I have now, so that might be easier than heroics and a better way to learn my characters and boxing setup.

I also heard about individual challenges that help with learning the char so I need to find that also to see if my macro sequence would work right.

The gear should be able to roll over anything.

What challenges? You mean scenarios? If you do the non heroic ones likely you will be able to tune on your macros without much fuss, much easier than a target dummy. Plenty of them have trash that is optional that you can pull. As compared to being out in the world AFK while fixing macros.

I've had good success with my boosted monks (1 blood dk and 4 mist monks.. they put out good dps even in heal spec). The time things fall apart is usually due to mechanics like last boss of brewery when you have to get into the bubbles quickly (usually end up loosing a few guys) but can still kill him after a while. The heroics gear is lower level than what you get with boosts so technically you outgear it anyway.

The highest lvl drops in heroics is 463 so having all items over that makes it pretty, as long as you know the fights. MoP is a lot about movement fights, and that is very tough for a boxer. Gone are the days of parking the DPS in one spot and mashing keys. You gotta keep on your toes, stay out of the fire, click on bombs which are GTAoE, interact with objects etc etc. The good news is due to the ilvl you dont have to worry too much about damage and healing, so you can focus on positioning.

You might consider sticking to the timeless isle for the 496 gear first. Every bit helps.

Has the gear been upgraded? sure when i did it, it was 483ilvl. But either way spend a couple of hours on timeless isle, at least the 496 gear has sockets, also keep an eye out for groups doing the celestials, and try and join in.

GL and have fun

Have just recently returned to WoW and are 5 boxing (Prot PAL, Resto SHA, 2x Arcane MAG and Destr WRL) and have been doing the MoP Heroics after getting the toons in next to full timeless isle gear.

With that gear level (496-500) I havent found any of the heroics that hard as it have been possible to "ignore" many boss mechanics and just burn/heal thru. Sure some of the mechanics are still hard but it is much much more forgiving than I recall from trying them in quest blues and greens.

Doing them in the charachter boost greens shouldn't be any problem but install the TomTom addon and paste in the timeless isle chest lockations and do the run and you should get plenty och new pieces for your team.