Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Wildstar- How goes it?

I have been in Kansas in a hotel all week ( until Friday ) and i'm luckyto be able to stay connected for more than 10 minutes. I was going to take this week off but got sent out of town..grr. I cant wait to get back!

How are you guys doing? Are you boxing oldschool style? How many you boxing?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I've had very little time to play, but when I can I'm loving it. Got an Engie and Spellslinger duo to level 12. Not sure how old school my style is, but I'm doing my best to stay under the radar and most importantly stay within the "spirit" of policy.

I have had a mosey about with a Stalker/Medic duo.
    Mostly letting the launch jitters die down before really jumping in.
    Also someone from work introduced me to Diablo 3 which I am now 3 boxing. After a hard day at work it is very relaxing to just click stuff until it is dead...
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

I've been playing pretty hardcore a stalker/ss duo. Took quite awhile to get everything set up well to play comfortably in this game as there's so much dodging and I was trying to avoid the one-key-both-toons issue, but it's finally starting to get smoother. I can't see it being viable for dungeons or anything much harder than leveling, but I'm happy with that as that's all I really wanted. In the end I'll have a good grinding/farming pair and one can sit in the house to click harvest nodes while I'm on raids etc. Game is more fun to me than anything that's come out in awhile and has a lot of depth to it so far. Dungeons are hard enough, raids should be challenging.

Same, won't even attempt to do any dungeons, pvp'ing, or raiding as a duo. It's strictly for leveling/farming, and that's fine with me.
    Last edited by propagandalf : 06-05-2014 at 09:22 AM

How is everyone doing after this weekend. I'm about to near 50 with my main, but wanting to dual-box a tank+something after. How is the duo-boxing going, which style are you going with (software/old school), and tips to make life better while duo-boxing (with any given method)? (within the spirit of their policy of course)
    Meeo/Nibilus

Still chugging along. About 40 for my pair. Keep getting bored of questing and doing other things like trade skills. Biggest tip is get an interrupt round robin key, makes life so easy, interrupt almost all the telegraphs at lower levels. I'm doing a pretty simple 2 box with different keys to handle spell rotations on each toon.

I get some kind of bad memory leak type lag after a couple hours playing. I know many people who aren't using ISboxer report this too but all the fixes they suggest have not helped me. I'm not showing an over-large mem use while it's totally hanging up video wise. Runs smooth for first 30 min or so after a re-launch. Usually it's just one game window affected. Anyone else with this? One thing I can't figure how to do is run a different version of DX, as some people suggest. Since Innerspace doesn't seem to want to launch via a shortcut I'm not sure how to do a -dx10 on launch.

Since Innerspace doesn't seem to want to launch via a shortcut I'm not sure how to do a -dx10 on launch.
    Right click Inner Space, click Add Game, and drag the shortcut to the Add Game window. Or fill in the Add Game window manually, putting "-dx10" in the Parameters box. That is, if the game even supports this command-line option you're describing.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Right click Inner Space, click Add Game, and drag the shortcut to the Add Game window. Or fill in the Add Game window manually, putting "-dx10" in the Parameters box. That is, if the game even supports this command-line option you're describing.
    works, thanks, couldn't see how to do it in just editing the old launch profile

on forums discussing the mem leak some people report luck with using dx9 on older cards, dx10 on newer, or someone also said it defaults to 10 so try listing it as 11. I have a gtx 580 so not sure where it will succeed if at all.

Keth are you on a pvp or pve server by chance?
    Meeo/Nibilus