Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Plex or Cash Sub.

How do you guys pay for your game time.?

Have you got a secret to making enough isk to pay for plex.?

Started playing again recently and looking at the possibility of maybe multiboxing again, But want to have a plan this time before I jump into it again.
    I recently took up PI after resubbing as a lazy way of making isk, got 5 planet setup and making goods just waiting to see how much I can make the lazy way.
    So anyone got any tips on how to make isk to get plex to pay for subs.

It really depends on where you live. If you're in high sec, good luck plexing unless you're good at market games or have an army of noob miners selling you ore for cheap. (or you mine 12 hours a day)

In Null/WH, its quite possible to plex, combining PI with other isk generating activities and enough time you can get enough isk. Its getting harder these days with the price of plex though.
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 06-03-2014 at 05:29 PM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I PI and mine with 12 toons. The cost of plex have increased from 500 to 750 since I began. If it goes up any higher I may have to pay cash for some of my accounts because the stuff I mine and PI are not going up at the same level of plex. If I was to do it all over again I would do 5 or under and focus on pve for cash.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Tnx for the replies, I have since found this PI Guide had to change a few things round and managed to get setup and currently on track making 240 units a day on 5 planets. They put silos in the examples of setups only use them if you have the power, I needed the power to install more heads on my extractors so everything is linked to my spaceport.

Found the basic skills needed to do this is

Cybernetics I (first to train so you can use implants)
    Gallente Industrial I (1000m3 for a command center, So anything big enough to carry 5.)
    Interplanetary Consolidation I
    Interplanetary Consolidation II
    Interplanetary Consolidation III
    Interplanetary Consolidation IV
    Command Center Upgrades I
    Command Center Upgrades II
    Command Center Upgrades III
    Command Center Upgrades IV

6 days 35 mins with +3 implants. took a basic Transport ship with very basic skills to moved stuff around, And I mean very basic. So plexed both my training slots to get underway once trained in the basics will move on to few more advanced skills for whatever I need for transporting a bit safer within the 30 training period.

The isk to be made is currently around 200m-240m per character, So 600m-720m isk (dependant on market prices) per 30 days with 3 trained characters on one account with a bit of effort.

Then plus whatever you make from missions mining etc etc while playing.

Here is a list of useful websites I found.

PI Guide as above very simple and easy to follow

PI Diagram of what can be made on what planet

This will find what products you can make on a single type of planet.

Planet finder to find which system might be best for you to work in within so many jumps of homebase.

Finally market data on PI. which is updated every down time I believe.

Will update and keep you posted as to how it goes as and when.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyVanillaFreshness View Post
    Doing solo highsec incursions.
    What sort of setup you using.?

Quote Originally Posted by Dranny817 View Post
    What sort of setup you using.?
    I forgot about this. You can plex easily if you're running a vanguard fleet by yourself, but its a very high investment cost in terms of SP and the ships you use.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

highsec Vgs will get the nerf bat for boxers soon, this was hinted to by a few CSM members a few times already, last time in a podcast, mainly because they are "doable" with a fleet of week old chars in Napocs, and this is creating a huge problem with plex.

if you been boxing and being smart about your training you wont mind the changes that are being hinted at all. but if you are sitting in toons with Battleship skills to V and large guns you will be pissed. and you have no one to blame but yourself.

this is not just for boxers, everyone will get hit. Battleship hulls will get restricted to only Assaults and HQs, vgs will be again for Cruisers and HACs and hopefully battlecruisers. this will GREATLY restrict all the new terribad boxed fleets you see popping up all over the place, or force them to eat a good 3 months of training before even daring to enter a VG.

the problem is, as always, the "incursioneers". they will bitch to no end about it, even when they hate multiboxers with passion and would love to see changes that affect them negatively. so probably the open discussion about the changes will take long to even start. point is, don't rely on Vgs for your eve needs.

as people have said already, find a stationless system and multibox PI. drop the command centers on all planets, then broadcast mouse to all windows and click the "view planetary command center" button to sync all windows. and mirror the pi network across all characters, and set cycles to short. for better results find a quiet lowsec system, WH, or get on a renter corp with ANY planets. you don't even need to chase the hotspots around the planets, or ahve the planets make sense, the bulk of pi stuff you'll get will compensate for you loss in yield. doing it in highsec will cover about 30% of your expenses, in low about 40% and null/Whs about 60% - 70%. if you take the time to do the stups right you can pick up the PI stuff at the same speed it would take you to pick up one character, regardless of how many you characters you actually have.

keep in mind that moving the PI stuff will be a pain, since there will be so much of it.

i used to do PI in low, and had 162 planets it took me 15 minutes a day to update them all, and an additional 20 to do a full run pick up the goods once a week. once a month i would pile up all the stuff, and use a character with 6 factory planets to grind the stuff another PI level up, and then JF it to Jita. im sure you wont go so mental with the setup, but i did, and could cover all the accounts with pi alone.

Quote Originally Posted by CMKCot View Post
    highsec Vgs will get the nerf bat for boxers soon, this was hinted to by a few CSM members a few times already, last time in a podcast, mainly because they are "doable" with a fleet of week old chars in Napocs, and this is creating a huge problem with plex.

if you been boxing and being smart about your training you wont mind the changes that are being hinted at all. but if you are sitting in toons with Battleship skills to V and large guns you will be pissed. and you have no one to blame but yourself.

this is not just for boxers, everyone will get hit. Battleship hulls will get restricted to only Assaults and HQs, vgs will be again for Cruisers and HACs and hopefully battlecruisers. this will GREATLY restrict all the new terribad boxed fleets you see popping up all over the place, or force them to eat a good 3 months of training before even daring to enter a VG.

the problem is, as always, the "incursioneers". they will bitch to no end about it, even when they hate multiboxers with passion and would love to see changes that affect them negatively. so probably the open discussion about the changes will take long to even start. point is, don't rely on Vgs for your eve needs.

as people have said already, find a stationless system and multibox PI. drop the command centers on all planets, then broadcast mouse to all windows and click the "view planetary command center" button to sync all windows. and mirror the pi network across all characters, and set cycles to short. for better results find a quiet lowsec system, WH, or get on a renter corp with ANY planets. you don't even need to chase the hotspots around the planets, or ahve the planets make sense, the bulk of pi stuff you'll get will compensate for you loss in yield. doing it in highsec will cover about 30% of your expenses, in low about 40% and null/Whs about 60% - 70%. if you take the time to do the stups right you can pick up the PI stuff at the same speed it would take you to pick up one character, regardless of how many you characters you actually have.

keep in mind that moving the PI stuff will be a pain, since there will be so much of it.

i used to do PI in low, and had 162 planets it took me 15 minutes a day to update them all, and an additional 20 to do a full run pick up the goods once a week. once a month i would pile up all the stuff, and use a character with 6 factory planets to grind the stuff another PI level up, and then JF it to Jita. im sure you wont go so mental with the setup, but i did, and could cover all the accounts with pi alone.
    I'm a long way off starting any fleets yet still getting my PI sorted and trained up on one account to make sure i can manage the plex each month. Currently setup on 6 planets in 0.3 system 3 jumps from my main mission base atm and training to do 5 on the other which will be finished tomorrow. So hopefully a few weeks down the line I will be able to support itself. And after what you said I feel a little more confident in being able to do this and get more accounts on the go again.