Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    They can't actually determine whether you're pressing one button to move two guys at the same time, or pressing two buttons to move two guys at the same time. Or if you're using two physical keyboards instead of one. It really doesn't matter how you achieve playing them together.

So I don't think the distinction matters -- by having the rule this way anyone with multiple accounts is immediately suspect, will likely get reported just for having multiple accounts, and will indeed be at risk of being banned. With a rule like this, the only way to multibox is actually to not play the accounts together, but instead use a second account as a mule. The rule might as well be that "you can have multiple accounts but only for storing items".

They allow "having multiple accounts" and "launching the client multiple times" and therefore they claim "multiboxing is allowed under this broad definition". But when they are itching to ban for what is "technically allowed", you might as well hack, bot, exploit, cheat, etc in this game instead of multibox because you're less likely to get reported for doing any of those things. I mean, it's pretty obvious to see someone with multiple accounts, but most people won't recognize bots and hacks.

Sad, but their rules. Sorry for promoting this pile of crap.
    yeah exactly what concerns me. I'd be more likely reported and suspected for playing by their rules and being any good at it, than if I went and deliberately coded in delays to have the second account act more like a bad two box setup from eq 1 days. It's irritating but I'm going to guess it's not something they're gunning to enforce until and unless they find it being a big issue in PVP or whatever. It'll crimp my style a bit but I'm just going to make sure nothing happens too in-sync and wait and see for awhile.

So this sucks glad i just tossed out cash on three accounts....

Yea at this point i will just be dragging a long a healer for emergency heals/rezes ( i think anyone can rez in this game though ).

Aside from my extreme disappointment of not being able to box this game like we do, Wildstar is the best MMO since Vanilla WoW IMO.. it is super crazy content and feature rich.. the most at launch than any MMO before it. And its all really cool shit.. not just lots of useless content. So im playing it no matter what.

Now im not sure how long i will last not being able to box a full group, ill have plenty of time to figure that out before WoD comes out. TESO is the first MMO that i have ever played that i have not at least two boxed.. and i have loved it ( aside from some random rollbacks and bugs ) But i will always be a boxer at heart.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Yea at this point i will just be dragging a long a healer for emergency heals/rezes ( i think anyone can rez in this game though ).

Aside from my extreme disappointment of not being able to box this game like we do, Wildstar is the best MMO since Vanilla WoW IMO.. it is super crazy content and feature rich.. the most at launch than any MMO before it. And its all really cool shit.. not just lots of useless content. So im playing it no matter what.

Now im not sure how long i will last not being able to box a full group, ill have plenty of time to figure that out before WoD comes out. TESO is the first MMO that i have ever played that i have not at least two boxed.. and i have loved it ( aside from some random rollbacks and bugs ) But i will always be a boxer at heart.
    I agree but it looks like there's enough advantages to 2 boxing to be worth it. You get those social coin awards, you have access to extra paths that open up new options with a complementary path, you can take extra gathering skills for cash, you can do higher level content and bounties at a faster pace than you otherwise could, which should significantly increase leveling speed, etc. The auto aim and auto move to target features make it pretty doable. Also there's some kind of spell queuing which I didn't experiment much with, but if it's any good it will let you double tap to make for less switching between windows/keys/whatever.

I will two box it as wel.. just kind of scared lol. But a pocket healer ..even if all i do is tab over to heal now and then. I will be two boxing for sure. If i get banned doing it "their way"..that will suck.. but i've got to try
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )