Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 26

like all i read in that from that duma** supports staff is the "3rd party software" is playing the chars you. and you can not do that in our game.

so take out the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar View Post
    For some reason I'm reminded of the popsicle stick guy from eve online

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

this?

Yeah. While feasible it also stands as an example of the logical inconsistencies of their policy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    They only allow alt-tabbing is what it boils down to. I replied a few times and got responses that all said "do it the old school way". I told them that is neither practical or efficient, and in essence they are telling us not to multibox. In a fast paced action combat game.. not controlling all toons at once is not fun. And we do this because it is fun...ill post my replies so you guys can have fun picking it all apart.

Good news is they will refund my money on a few accounts ( im still going to try and box two or three.. just delay actions and use spread out macros.. if i get banned.. well i guess its back to WoW for me lol )

Also, forgive me if i sound like a total idiot in my replies.. i was frustrated and was just letting them now how i feel. all the while knowing it was going to accomplish nothing more than me feeling like i made my point hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    yea.. i watched it..guess i'll do it until i'm banned.. no way to box a fast paced action game without sending key presses at the same time. Unless they refund my 5 pre orders. This really bums me out! I think this kind of policy should be made public BEFORE pre-orders are live.
    Please stop discussing how you are intentionally going to violate the rules of a game simply because you don't agree with their policy. This has always been against the rules here.

To say its not "intended" to be played that way implies that it is "wrong" or cheating.. and thats where you guys are mistaken.
    This is their game, they have every right to dictate what they intended. There is no "norm in the industry," multiboxers have always been a niche group and over the past year or so there has been push back against us in several games. It has always been suggested that when looking to start boxing in a game, even if there has been previous acceptance of multiboxing, the player should contact support and get an up-to-date greenlight before investing in multiple game copies.

I understand it's a lot of money to blow and you're disappointed, but that doesn't change the rules here. Adamantly stating how you're going to do it anyway portrays multiboxers as a bunch of spoiled brats and is only adding fuel to the anti-boxing fire, which makes it even easier for the next game down the pipe to tell us to piss off.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

If he's simply moving a mouse from one screen to another to click quickly, this is in fact using 3rd party control software afaik...most games do not allow two instances without some special workarounds. But he's implying the only allowed method is multiple computers/keyboards/mice. It's ludicrous that they think they can make the distinction at that point, and he seems to not even think twice that a single mouse is just as much a "cheat". My bet is that they can't/won't regulate the "macros" that are packaged with every gaming keyboard and mouse available, which is in effect more of a hack than sending key presses to two windows and I'm certain I've seen a few popular twitch streams using to automate ability rotations. So in the end I guess we attempt to play by the rules as much as is reasonable and wait and see if they really are banning for every 3rd party type assistance.

I guess I'll be doing the old school pocket healer on laptop. I always thought I was better at that anyway. Now the question is if I plug a gamepad in there and put it next to the main keyboard, is that too close to the speed of having one keyboard with hotkeys going to the other screens. Guessing it's ok since it's hardware but can you prove that's what you're using.
    Last edited by keth : 05-30-2014 at 01:58 AM

Oh and I'll be rolling my oldschool carpal tunnel boxing gimpness on Caretaker server with a few friends if anyone wants to come commiserate.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Please stop discussing how you are intentionally going to violate the rules of a game simply because you don't agree with their policy. This has always been against the rules here.

This is their game, they have every right to dictate what they intended. There is no "norm in the industry," multiboxers have always been a niche group and over the past year or so there has been push back against us in several games. It has always been suggested that when looking to start boxing in a game, even if there has been previous acceptance of multiboxing, the player should contact support and get an up-to-date greenlight before investing in multiple game copies.

I understand it's a lot of money to blow and you're disappointed, but that doesn't change the rules here. Adamantly stating how you're going to do it anyway portrays multiboxers as a bunch of spoiled brats and is only adding fuel to the anti-boxing fire, which makes it even easier for the next game down the pipe to tell us to piss off.

I think i admitted before i pasted my dialog with them that i might have sounded idiotic.. once you hit enter you can not edit or retract.. yes.. I was obviously pissed off..disappointed..butt hurt..alll the above.. buts its their logic that is effecting my playstyle that i disagree with and had to make my point.

Im sorry for saying i was going to cheat anyway..
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

> When I need a heal, I just move my mouse to the other screen...

I find this part interesting. It looks like you could use VideoFX to - at least - dual-box to bring a healer. Even some dps if you set up your VideoFX to have your abilities for the slave nearby so that you could click-click.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 05-31-2014 at 03:56 AM Reason: font

It sounds like the same policy guildwars 2 has:
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1532762

1. And as stated above, you may not program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time.
      a. For example, if you press W on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.

Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post

1. And as stated above, you may not program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time.
      a. For example, if you press W on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.
    They can't actually determine whether you're pressing one button to move two guys at the same time, or pressing two buttons to move two guys at the same time. Or if you're using two physical keyboards instead of one. It really doesn't matter how you achieve playing them together.

So I don't think the distinction matters -- by having the rule this way anyone with multiple accounts is immediately suspect, will likely get reported just for having multiple accounts, and will indeed be at risk of being banned. With a rule like this, the only way to multibox is actually to not play the accounts together, but instead use a second account as a mule. The rule might as well be that "you can have multiple accounts but only for storing items".

They allow "having multiple accounts" and "launching the client multiple times" and therefore they claim "multiboxing is allowed under this broad definition". But when they are itching to ban for what is "technically allowed", you might as well hack, bot, exploit, cheat, etc in this game instead of multibox because you're less likely to get reported for doing any of those things. I mean, it's pretty obvious to see someone with multiple accounts, but most people won't recognize bots and hacks.

Sad, but their rules. Sorry for promoting this pile of crap.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post

Yeah that's what I found odd as well. You could do as much with mouse pass through and click bars as you can with keybinds. Unless you have a serious need for simultaneous key press. but would a csr observing be able to tell the difference.