Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Default Multiboxing WDs T6 viable

Well, 2.0.5 made it possible. No Jade full set, no Zuni, no Starmetal Kukri, not even RoRG. just stuff I had around my inventory for weeks doing nothing. I'm doing T6 without dying at all. Only Rift Guardians kills me every now and then, but most Elite packs are not a problem. Electrics can be an issue sometimes but as long as I position correctly, I do ok. How? Here's my build

Mandatory items:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/mask-of-jeram-3OrCkW
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tasker-and-theo
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-tall-mans-finger
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tiklandian-visage

With 2.0.5, The Tall Man's Finger is a must have for any petdoctor. Dog does ridiculous damage now, never dies and the AI is very good. Build your WDs like regular petdoctor using the passives to boost the Dog damage since that will be your main damage dealer. I'm using this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TQ!dRWV!bYabbb

Rain of Toads has a very high proc rate so u will have 15 Fetishes in seconds, also, if u use a Thunderfury, it will proc like crazy. I have 4x Thunderfurys and they light up the whole map.

So where's the trick to do T6? Tiklandian Visage. Build 1 WD with this helm and get 22% CDR + Spirit Vessel. That's it. With 22% CDR and Spirit Vessel, u can cast Horrify nonstop and perma CC EVERYTHING in 24 yards. Absolutely nothing moves and attacks. U just stay in range and take your time to kill. Not even ground effects are casted from Elites if u do it right. Simply Spirit Walk to the pack and position your party in safe spot where u dont get hit by Molten, Lightning, etc. but not too far so they are in the 24 yards range of Horrify. Cast all your combo and watch things drop while u watch TV. Not even Goblins are able to run away. The WD with Tiklandian Visage has this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...jQ!ReWX!bcabYb

My WDs have 3 piece Aughild's and 3 piece BlackThorne's (belt, pants, boots), Thunderfury and Uhkapian Serpents. 1m+ DPS and 9m+ toughness. T6 is a walk on the park. Need more dps to do it faster but that's about it. SoJ is BiS for this build, but if u dont have one, then just go with RoRG or anything at hand.

Also, only the 2 WDs with the highest DPS have Fetish Sycophants passive. More than that and there are too many Fetishes on screen blocking the dogs and u do far less damage that way. Dogs won't be able to attack cause all the mess, so u dont want more than 2 WDs using that passive. I roundrobin Piranhas and Big Bad Voodoo so I have those 2 available all the time.

Playstyle is all about positioning quickly so Elites can't even cast ground effects. The fear will prevent packs from casting anything, even if it takes a whole minute to kill the pack. As long as u are in range, they will stay rooted and feared without doing anything. Once u see a pack, u rush in with Spirit Walk and have them perm CC. Horrify on my CC WD is up 100% of the time. I have a keybind on 5 so I just spam 5 and it's never down. Once they get feared/rooted, I stay there til they are dead. If u are dying its cause u are not positioning correctly.

Electric Nightmarish can be a problem so be careful with that, tho once your pets surround the pack, they will absorb all the lightning bolts and shouldn't get hit much. I also have 2 Gargantuans and 2 Mass Confusion Paranoia on the same key in round robin so whenever I press 3, I get a Gargantuan and 20% damage from Paranoia. Don't go all crazy with Piranhas since u might relocate the pack out of range of Horrify and end up dying.

More than 1 pack can be tricky. U will have to kite a little bit til u have them right where u want them, close to each other so u can Spirit Walk in and fear/root all of them. Also be sure your CC WD is very tanky, because if he dies, most likely your whole party will die. Keep in mind Rift Guardians can't be perma feared so just stay a little far while your pets tank and kill it.

No need for monk or any extremely rare items. I started with just 2 dog rings and now I have 3 WDs with rings. I'm farming my last one so my whole party has big ass dogs . Once I get my 4th ring, I might ditch Fetishes from the 2nd WD and only have it on 1. 30 Fetishes is a problem when u want your dogs to hit a single boss.

T6 went from something very hard to stupidly easy.

PS: Not a final build, doing a lot of changes to optimize it.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-23-2014 at 11:14 AM

This seems like the sort of thing that would get nerfed eventually, doesn't it?

If I had the items and WD's I'd go for it, but leveling WD's and farming 4 specific items...

Yes and no. They buffed horrify and it actually has the same effect so u can eventually round robin Horrify without Tiklandian and pretty much do the same thing, so I'm not sure why would they nerf it. And that's the case with a lot of skills in many classes when they are multiboxed. U can round robin CC skills and have perma CC or close to it. Add CDR and u can cast endless Blackholes and Novas with Wizards, or have endless Ignore Pain on Barbs. Besides this item has been ingame for a long time now and is not used much. Keep in mind this won't allow u to faceroll T6, just add survivability. U still need to kill stuff at a decent pace for it to be useful.

They didn't nerf Fire Barbs that are literally facerolling T6 for weeks now and that's like the main/only build Barbs are using, and they will nerf this item that is not even a main build? I doubt it, but it's Blizzard, so who knows. I hope not. The build is solid and fun and is not exploiting any bug or problem in the game. The helm is working as intended according to the description.

Nice build I've always wondered if T6 WD multibox was ever possible but will definately give this a try.

Love to see a clip if you have one around to see how you sequence each skills .

I've personally been using pet build w/ ashera's 4 set bonus and set up all my enchantress w/ legacy azurwrath for pseudo perma frost but this with aughilds looks great too.

Also how long does it take for you to clear t6 w/ this build?
    Last edited by bushido685 : 05-23-2014 at 05:42 PM

Did a few changes to my build and things are going a lot faster now. I've divided my WDs in 3 slightly different builds:

Main WD
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TQ!WRYV!bcacbb

CC WD
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...jQ!WRYe!bcabYb

Others
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...jQ!WRYd!bcacYb

My main and the others are very similar with the difference being the Fetish Sycophants being replaced with Zombie Handler to add damage to the dog. Having more fetishes really doesn't work. The dogs just don't attack most of the time and that's not efficient. Also, I removed a dog passive to add Gruesome Feast which made a huge difference in my overall performance. Same with Soul Harvest replacing Piranhas. Sure, Piranhas adds 15% damage but to really benefit from it, I need Strongarms and keep casting it over and over, etc. Made more sense to just get 5 stacks of Soul Harvest and benefit from the damage and all resist from it.

All my chars use Ukhapian Serpents but now my main uses The Thing of the Deep. That procs Gruesome Feast every fight, paired with Soul Harvest and Big Bad Voodoo, is fairly easy to get 2.4m+ dps and now packs are dying a lot faster. It's pure burst damage for elites. Also, my main uses Harrington's and I've seen my dps go up to 4m+ several times making my Fetishes and dog hit for astronomical numbers, clearing everything way faster than before.

After poking a lot around this build and dying several time, I would say Blackthorne's 4 set is almost mandatory. Since u can play a little more relaxed and just focus on your positioning for elites, its easy to screw up and be too close to molten explosions :P U have no idea how many times I've died to this in the past 3 days.

My plan for the next days is to switch to Fire my WDs for more damage. Only my main will remain Physical since I want my Fetishes to hit harder and the rest will switch to Fire since it makes little to no sense to have my main attack doing poison damage, Gargantuan doing Fire and dog doing Physical. I'll switch all to Fire gear and use the dogs with Burning Dogs run for the nice AoE damage, and my main attack to Firebomb Pyrogeist so it also adds up. No idea how Thunderfury will proc and if it will be worth keeping it, but I'll do some testing and if its not worth it, I'll get a nice Gift of Silaria with 2400+ dps to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by bushido685 View Post
    Nice build I've always wondered if T6 WD multibox was ever possible but will definately give this a try.

Love to see a clip if you have one around to see how you sequence each skills .

I've personally been using pet build w/ ashera's 4 set bonus and set up all my enchantress w/ legacy azurwrath for pseudo perma frost but this with aughilds looks great too.

Also how long does it take for you to clear t6 w/ this build?
    To be honest with u, I don't want one of the million retards in the official forums, posting a video of this and cry all over the place "OMG!!!! so OP, NERF NERF NERF!!!" then watch the build get nerfed to the ground. There's far too much stupidity going on there to want me to give them more ammunition to help them make the game more boring. I just wanted to share this with multiboxers only. A video will prolly get more attention than I want.

As for my rift times, I'm going from 12-15 minutes on average, but I loot Goblins and switch to Nemesis on every Pylon/Shrine. So I think it's a very good time for multiboxing T6 without uber gear or one of the cookie cutter builds from other classes.

PS: Just got my last dog ring and it was a trifecta. Hopefully that will help me improve more my times.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-24-2014 at 11:43 AM

For T6, I still think that's an awesome run time. I'd be super happy with 12-15 min runs.

A few things, if you are running fire, and not running the Wrathful protectors I'm kind of confused - they got a nice buff in 2.0.5 where they no longer knockback targets allowing them to pump out more dps. The others are the ones that did not have it in the build.
    Dropping Piranhas completely is a massive dps loss. I know with 4 it was annoying but the CC doctor is already doing reduced damage, slap on Piranhas and swap maybe Gruesome Feast for Creeping death and let that character cast it whenever it is up. The Creeping death passive will allow the 15% damage bonus to stay on for 5 minutes. Which is much more effective than Mass Confusion's Paranoia, or in conjunction.

Honestly I'm tempted to try this build out but it really comes down to that one item for perma stun everything. You could almost throw in anything to reach higher DPS. Say a Wizard or Ranged Crusaders. Although down the road once you reach full Jade Harvesters sets, the damage is massive. Could even do a monk for their added bonus damage. Makes for some interesting combos.

Thinking further though, the way multiboxing shines in RoS is through having multiple of the same allowing you to trade good drops to other characters. More or less I might be saying a lot of nothing. Blah. Either way this is strong
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I'm using Wrathful Protector in a 2 group round robin paired with Mass Confusion Paranoia. Whenever I use my 3 key, I summon a Gargantuan and cast Paranoia. It's completely pointless to have more than 1. In most cases, Gragantuan will do nothing cause all the clutter from the Fetishes and dogs. And that's with only 1 WD having Fetishes and 4 dogs.

As for Piranhas + Creeping death, I don't think u are thinking this thru. I'll give u a real example. My main has exactly 1.2m dps and 10.6m toughness. With 5 stacks of Soul Harvest and 5 of Gruesome Feast I go up to 1.9m dps and 13.6m toughness. See where I'm going with this? That's almost 60% damage increase and 30% toughness versus only 15% damage debuff. Sure, I won't have 5/5 stacks all the time, but most fights I have 3/3 stacks which will still be more than twice the damage Piranhas will add. The only way Piranhas can be more effective will be with Strongarms, but that means I have to ditch SoJ for RoRG a lose a ton of elemental damage and damage vs elites. IMO not that worth it.

Bottom line is, with this combo I do a LOT faster than with Piranhas. My rift time reduced considerably and I can tell u easily since killing elites takes a lot less time than before. Still, this is a work in progress build so I might change things soon.

As for mixing other things, for sure. The CC WD can be added to any party, but more DPS than a WD? Seriously? :P Jokes aside, I enjoy the relaxed playstyle and the dogs AI kinda fixed that lack of control I felt before. Only Fire Wizards and Barbs could prolly do more dps, but that requires items I don't have and it's completely different playstyle I don't enjoy much.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-24-2014 at 12:19 PM

Your main doesn't need creeping death and piranhas though. Only the CC doctor which is already crippled in DPS because he doesn't have a MoJ losing out on 100%.
    By adding the Piranhas with 15% damage to the CC doctor, your now making your other 3 doctors go from your stated 1.9m + 15%, getting close to 2.2m DPS netting you 300k dps sheet damage for 1 skill. That's assuming the cc doctor is doing 0 damage which he isn't
    Throw a Strongarms on the CC doctor, and now you have up to 30% more damage 30% of the time. Which is another 600k dps, or averaged out 200k. In total adding this one ability will net your group 1.5 million dps group buff.

Bottom line you can have the CC doctor do 0 damage and this is a net dps buff.

I also wanted to note on the Strongarm bracers, they aren't super effective because they have to actually move the enemy, if you use Pirnado and it doesn't displace them there is no damage bonus.

Yeah, it needs to move the mob in order to proc the debuff, which has killed me several times A minion gets off range and it can get me killed easily, specially when they have Nightmarish and Knockback. Many packs are Electric in T6 so I can't dive in the middle with Spirit Walk. If I'm at the right spot already and everything is feared/rooted, I don't wanna use any skill that moves stuff around. That will limit the use of Piranhas to only certain situations.

My CC WD has 1.1m dps, so is not a support WD alltho it does less damage than the rest. I may try Piranhas only on this one with Strongarms and RoRG so I dont lose Aughild's 3 set bonus, but will need more CDR so I have it more often than just 9+ secs. I'll also have to use another keybind just for Piranhas cause I don't want to move minions or elites if they have certain dangerous affixes. I'm lazy these days, so I'll do that during the week I guess

PS: Just got my second Carnevil and I'm thinking on trying something different. I really can't use all my Fetishes cause they don't let the dogs hit anything, but what if I go full ranged with Carnevil and Zuni set so only the dogs are melee and my Fetishes are ranged with poison. Tempting.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-24-2014 at 04:57 PM