Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Need more keys

Something must be going wrong for you.
    To simplify the process, by copy/pasting and not figuring out the assist and stuff yourself...

Under your Mapped Keys, Combat
    Right Click "Assist+Broadcast 1", select Make a Copy.
    You will now have a duplicate at the bottom of the list - rename it to whatever (probably "Assist+Broadcast Shift+1")
    On the right hand side pane, change the hotkey to whatever you want to press (probably Shift+1) to pass this key to the WoW clients.
    Expand the Mapped Key (the little +), expand the Steps (the little +)
    On the right hand side pane, under Actions, select the 2nd item which will be "1->All" and change the Key Combination to Shift+1

Make sure to save your settings (ctrl+s), export to Inner Space (ctrl+e) and you should be fine.

If you have changed nothing else from what the basic wizard sets you up with, you will now have a Shift+1 that broadcasts, with an assist before it.
    Which it sounds like is all you are after to start with.

As mentioned make sure you don't have shift+1 set anywhere else to broadcast in isBoxer (by default you won't) and have it set to only the action bar spot you want in game (ie. unbound from switching default action bars)

If that doesn't work, it seems like something is going wrong elsewhere, because I quite literally did this as I typed it up on a clean wizard setup and it works fine. If it's a no-go, you're going to need someone more experienced than I am, and it might be worth dropping into the isboxer chat room to see if you can get some assistance there.
    Last edited by TheOlz : 05-20-2014 at 07:06 AM Reason: little extra detail
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

If you need further assistance with this, then you should share your profile. Endlessly guessing as to why something might be wrong with your profile is kind of a big waste of time after the first few initial guesses, especially with something as simple as setting up an assist & broadcast Mapped Key.

You might want to look into a like a pro type setup. At least regarding the functions bit. Then rather than broadcast whole swaths of keys just have keymaps broadcast the specific ones you need.

To clarify this won't fix whatever configuration error you are having but it is probably a better long term approach.

Once functions are defined hit a dummy and integrate abilities a few at a time and testing as you go until all are mapped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ok, here is my profile. I did what TheOlz suggested and it still won't work ingame. And when I copied the working keymap the copy was identical to the new keymap I made via the wizard, and directly creating it in the tree. I have checked off all noob steps (ie., making sure shift-1 isn't bound to anything other than an action bar ingame, saving the new setup in ISBoxer, exporting to inerspace ect.).

http://www.privatepaste.com/e5e74aad44

Also, last night I tried to shut my PC down and this morning it was still on. It said that ISBoxer wouldn't allow my PC to shut down. I can't figure out how to shut ISBoxer off. Short of forcing it closed via the task manager, which I don't want to do since I'm already having problems with it.

Problem Solved! So, whatever was causeing my ISBoxer to not close, keeping my PC from turning off and forceing me to force close it via the task manager, was also causing mapped keys to not save. So I was creating them correctly, but because they were not saveing they were not getting pushed out to inner space. I went ahead and erased all key maps and everything else, re-ran the set up wizard, and now I am able to add key maps and they work in game.

On an odd side note, now only the new mapped keys I create show up in ISBoxer. The ones created during the set up wizerd to /assist me and use 1through+ are not visible under the mapped keys menu, though they are working correctly in game. I guess I wont complain since they are working, but If I need to copy them, edit them, or whatever, it would be impossible...

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me figure this puzzle out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbr View Post
    Ok, here is my profile. I did what TheOlz suggested and it still won't work ingame. And when I copied the working keymap the copy was identical to the new keymap I made via the wizard, and directly creating it in the tree. I have checked off all noob steps (ie., making sure shift-1 isn't bound to anything other than an action bar ingame, saving the new setup in ISBoxer, exporting to inerspace ect.).

http://www.privatepaste.com/e5e74aad44
    For future reference, the problem with the profile above is that you had three sets of default Key Maps and you were adding new Mapped Keys into Key Maps which weren't even attached to your Character Set. So, no matter what you would have kept adding it would have never worked for your one Character Set. You mention you've since cleaned out the profile and started fresh, which would have cleared out all the duplicate Key Maps, and, as you mention, fixed the problem. The issue was not related to the "can't close ISBoxer" bug, which Lax has been trying to track down for some time now, but either way, glad it's all working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbr View Post
    On an odd side note, now only the new mapped keys I create show up in ISBoxer. The ones created during the set up wizerd to /assist me and use 1through+ are not visible under the mapped keys menu, though they are working correctly in game. I guess I wont complain since they are working, but If I need to copy them, edit them, or whatever, it would be impossible...
    If you chose to use the Menu overlay (the green boxes) on the final step of the Wizard, then 1 through = are set up inside of the Menu's Hotkey/Button sets and not in the Combat Key Map.
    Last edited by MiRai : 05-20-2014 at 07:47 PM

h, that definitely explains the problem I was having. I was wondering why there were multiple map key sets. well now that everything is working correctly I'm really enjoying this program. tThanks again for your time.