Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Anyone still playing here?

Life changed a bit when my son was born, so I disappeared, but ready to get back in now-ish.

Anyone still around?

Sad to hear about the BG/follow changes, that was a big portion of the game for me. I might end up starting with just one toon and taking things slowly from there and exploring pandaria and such.

Blog Entries

The BG aspect was what kept me in Warcraft.
    I still lurk the forums, but haven't been boxing all that much.

I returned to Everquest I, as a 6-box (which is free to play... and on testrealm, has all the features activated as if you were a paying subscriber) to mess around with my original MMO game a bit.
    And have been tweaking Diablo III, and very sporadically playing that 4-boxed.

The PvE aspect hasn't really interested me in quite a while.
    At least not enough to pay for, monthly.
    If Warcraft ever went totally free to play (not just at a level 20 cap), I'd probably give the PvE aspect a shot here or there, just because of having played the game for 7 years and having a lot of friends still playing it.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Hi Ualaa,

Long time no see/chat.

The BG aspect was a huge draw for me as well. It's a shame that got destroyed the way it did, to me at least.

I left EQ a very long time ago, not sure I could go back (not least since last time I tried, it made me extremely motion sick to play...)

Diablo 3 did not hold my attention at all. I don't think I managed even a single playthrough.

PVE WoW I was underwhelmed by boxing. It was fun to level my groups in dungeons and such, but the endgame stuff was not so fun for me. The anti-boxer rage in raids was obnoxious to deal with at best, which cuts out too much content for me.

I'm currently playing some SWTOR and reading some WoW fiction, which makes me want to play WoW again.

So, Tiny, Pretzel, Mosg2, Oath, none of the old gang around anymore?

Blog Entries

Tiny is probably around, because I see regular commentary on Oqueue from both him and Weanii.
    Not sure if he's on the same server or not.

Mosg2 had a fairly recent post on the IS Boxer forum, asking for support.
    I believe it was Wow related.
    So I'd guess he's active somewhere.

Have not heard from any of the others.
    But with the BG change, once I decided I didn't want to play like that... I just let the subscription (and RAF) run out, with no intention of renewing.

Everquest is pure PvE (at least for me), which is about what WoW would be offering.
    But the game is free to play.

I saw MiRai's video on D3 recently, and he mentioned the accounts were free because of signing up for the one-year WoW subscription thing, a while back.
    I had not really tried D3, aside from when it was a newer game, one-boxed.
    I too had the other accounts, so decided to give it a shot.
    There is no follow, but you can kind of bunch your guys up and mouse broadcast.
    And use obstacles/corners to regroup, or hold a key to move only one toon at a time (while the key is pushed/held).
    It too has the big advantage of being free.

I like the look (what they've released so far, anyway) of Everquest Next.
    The 'Landmark' component doesn't really have any interest to me... similar to Minecraft, but where you're building things that might be used in the actual EQ Game, when it's released.
    If there's any kind of a follow mechanic, I'll give it a shot boxed.
    If there's any kind of decent pvp, similar to WoW or Rift style... assist mechanic, etc... I'll probably play that as my next MMORPG game.

Wildstar(?) looks like it might be a game to check out too.

It was definitely very fun to play as a boxer, in a guild with a lot of other boxers.
    I really do miss that, but the PvE aspect of WoW wasn't all that interesting for me.
    It would really rock to play another game with multiple boxers.
    Preferably something of a similar style.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I lurk but I don't play anymore
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Hey Jack,

Sad to hear. Seems the gang is gone, alas.

I'll post about a scroll in the general thread and start up an account this week sometime.

They took out scroll of resurrection about six months ago.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"