Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Tankless Instances with Warlocks

Good morning, first time with locks here.

So I read a post by AndreaUK about a LFD 3x Destro Lock team using Resto Druid and Disc Priest (druid/priest to get in LFD tank/heals then switch to heals/dps once in) and decided to roll the team. Questing they absolutely melt face and are a riot to play but . . .

I'm having trouble with the Blueberries holding threat despite using demon 'taunt' in (lowbie) instances and could use some advice.

1. I don't have felhunter yet, so am I assuming correctly I should tank with the Blueberry (void-demon) and one at a time or all 3?

2. What are (if any) essential macros I should be using for pet (or threat) management? I've leveled my teams thus far without rotation macros and plan on finetuning them after RAF ends, so quick and kludge'y works for me.

3. Alternatively, do I simply have to bear tank until unlocking certain lock-pet talents?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Zork View Post
    1. I don't have felhunter yet, so am I assuming correctly I should tank with the Blueberry (void-demon) and one at a time or all 3?
    I have never personally tried something like this before, but using one at a time is probably how I'd approach it, or... I'd at least wait a few seconds before sending the second one in. If you send them all in at once they're all just going to keep taunting off of each other at about the same time.

Can you take taunt off of auto-use? If threat management was still an issue I might try doing that and then sorta kinda managing it myself if I could.

The rest of the questions I have no idea...

I use 4 locks and a priest (used to be shadow until they destroyed shadow healing, now disc). I use 1/2 voids (depending on if one might die or if I just want to be safe) 1/2 succubus (auto-CC is really nice) and one your choice (recently imp, but up to you). I send in pets, usually at 2 different mobs (void/suc go to mob1 and void/suc go to mob2). Then I send everyone at mob3 and destroy it, mob1 and mob2 usually stick to pets if you only use nice DOTs. I run affliction with soul leech, soul link and siphon life. Soulshatter can help with new spawned adds. One big thing that is almost always important, give the pets time to get aggro (5-10 secs). Use that time to get simple DOTs or spells done (renew, PW:S, SW:P, rejuve, curse of elements, corruption, etc).

I tried Andrea's method, and it works well with 3 destro warlocks w/ Voidwalkers, 1 disc priest, and 1 resto druid. For most fights, I'd just start nuking, and the pets would pick up aggro if the mob(s) weren't already dead. Or I'd use a pet attack macro and wait a few seconds if threat was an issue. I have a backup group in the same theme...3 hunters, 1 disc priest, 1 holy paladin.

I play them here and there. Whatever time I get these days to play, I still boost groups through dungeons or try to get max professions.

Appreciated everyone. I'll look into the dot only spells and try giving the Voids more time along with sending them to multiples.

It was just Stocks at the entrance, not even a boss and I ripped into them and they wiped me before I knew everyone was dead (x3.) "wait? what? dead?" It was rather humbling. / Lock Lady made it look easy D Maybe I just need to learn the finesse I never needed as a plated meat shield -- derp, CHARGE!

Grimoire of Supremacy
    You command stronger demons, replacing your normal minions. These demons deal 20% additional damage and have more powerful abilities.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108499/...e-of-supremacy

Major Glyph: Demon Training

Minor Glyph: Health Funnel

Blog Entries

Grimoire is a level 75 talent, I don't think it will be useful to someone wiping in stocks.

I spent a lot of time doing a caster only + warlock team on timeless isle as well as some heroics. (By choice, my monk had a tanking spec but I really hate moving melee around those TI abilities). I don't think I'd personally play the druid as resto but rather boomkin with the resto glyph so you can throw in a rejuv occasionally if you really feel you need it. Drive from the priest, and use at least one voidwalker.

The most important thing is that you need to send the voidwalker in before anyone else is doing anything. Also keep in mind that the threat from PWS is basically negligible at this point. By pre-shielding the voidwalker you keep your healer from doing anything to draw attention to herself during those first few seconds. Target mob A, start macro, target mob B, target mob C, start macro, then open up dps from everyone. Anything less careful will probably end in tears (although if your disc priest has heirlooms you might just be able to out atonement the damage regardless of who it lands on).

Start macro:

Priest:
    /focus voidwalkername
    /cast [@focus] power word: shield

Warlock:
    /assist Priestname
    /petattack

Can this go wrong? Yep! You drive from the priest and you keep Fade at the ready. You drive from the priest and use unit frames with aggro highlighting and bubble anyone that isn't the voidwalker that gets aggro (as well as voidwalker on cooldown, of course).

Well, I'll have to come back to this idea. I ended up bear tanking (bleh, not for me) to 60 then made a DK to tank and it's been a pretty fun team, although I miss all my spell interrupts (I think I can do this on the fel hunters when I eventually key-step pet abilities.)

I screwed up a lot of Cata mechanics and surprisingly, the team still survived. Haven't tried Oz yet, as a tank I haven't a clue what dps/heals do during that fight, so I'll have to google. Pretty impressive given it's stock ISBoxer, minus VideoFx healing and one stepped aoe key-bind. Once macro'd, pro-config'd and geared it must be pretty amazing. Albeit, did a lot of conservative pulls around corners and then the Locks and minions jumped them

It's pretty funny to watch the 'green-suck-life' lock spell drain a mob before they even get to the tank.