Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 36

For the 55" Sony, it support HDMI 2.0 - but no displayport, so you need a HDMI 2.0 video card - which means the latest gen - like the GTX 970/980.

Otherwise you'll have to use 4k at 30Hz, which absolutely sucks for games. I already have a 4k Dell 32" monitor and at 30Hz it's horrible. I figured out how to use DP to get it to 60Hz and it's pretty sweet. I use it on my mac now.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Quote Originally Posted by Ñightsham View Post
    Thoughts on Asus PB287Q
    Nothing to do with the monitor itself but I'm laughing my ass off at their comparison between their "60Hz refresh rate vs other monitors' 30Hz refresh rate." LMAO.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

That is rather lame "blur motion". LoL
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Nothing to do with the monitor itself but I'm laughing my ass off at their comparison between their "60Hz refresh rate vs other monitors' 30Hz refresh rate." LMAO.
    28" is really small. Even the 32" dell was way too small (for me) to take advantage of the 4k resolution. Everything was so tiny. Then you upscale in windows and the text is all screwed up on all your windows etc... So I use it on my mac, and it works great.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I wasn't really wanting the 4k thing, just trying to keep it within somewhat of a budget. A couple of samsung 32" in portrait may be ok
    along wth the LG34"
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

If you're multiboxing a lot, I'm not sure if 5 or more game instances will run at @4k resolution with decent FPS, supposedly for some games multiple GTX 970's/980's are required just to run one client at 60 fps.
    I had http://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/ in mind, GSYNC seems to be really cool, but it only activates in Fullscreen mode, so not its useful with Isboxer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    Nice - they have it at Best Buy too for about the same price. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-...hdtv/5005006.p

That's pretty tempting.

What do you think MiRai?
    My thoughts on TVs haven't changed much since I last posted about them, but if you read the old post then you'll learn the importance of 4:4:4 Chroma Subsampling.

As you mentioned, most TVs (and even some monitors still) are only going to give you 30Hz @ 4K because of some hardware limitations, but a recent thread on Anandtech pointed out that there is an LG TV that will do 60Hz over HDMI and is 4:4:4 CS compatible. Now that I know that, that television has been on my list for things I still need to purchase to finish furnishing my new apartment, but since I watch close to zero television I'm in no hurry to buy one.

However, if someone really wanted to use a television as a computer monitor I'd point them at that one assuming they had a video card capable of driving 4K @ 60Hz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    28" is really small. Even the 32" dell was way too small (for me) to take advantage of the 4k resolution. Everything was so tiny. Then you upscale in windows and the text is all screwed up on all your windows etc... So I use it on my mac, and it works great.
    I remember hearing about your 4K experience in Windows just a few months ago on IRC, and that played a large part in the decision of my most recent purchase. I had also dealt with Windows DPI/GUI scaling before and, personally, I think it looks terrible -- Hopefully Microsoft is going to do a better job in Windows 10, but who knows. Inner Space also has some compatibility issues with the medium (125%) and larger (150%) settings that I didn't want to deal with either.

I had also heard so many good things about IPS panels and I had a chance to test one out about a month ago, and I loved it -- Vibrant colors and fantastic viewing angles made such a difference over basic TN panels. Even as I sit here typing out this reply on a TN panel, the terrible viewing angles are so apparent now that I've got a gigantic IPS panel sitting right next to it that doesn't suffer from the same issues. Since I knew that there were no affordable 4K IPS panels I figured that was pretty much the nail in the coffin for what I was going to spend my money on, and even if I wanted to drop a ton of money on one it wouldn't be made for gaming so it would probably have a high refresh rate. And while I would be able to keep the nice 16:9 aspect ratio for ease of video creation and YouTube compatibility if I went with 4K, I knew that another TN panel was just something I wanted to move away from.

Now, of course, the ultra-wide 21:9 resolution on the new LG forces me to get creative when I create a Window Layout in ISBoxer, but I honestly don't see it as a big deal.

27ubfVf.png

The new layout fits in a 2560x1440 viewing area which allows me to save on some GPU load since WoD brings more of a requirement to multibox now, but I also get to stick with the 16:9 aspect ratio and create 2560x1440 videos for YouTube. So, hopefully starting with the next video I can begin catering to the 1440 crowd as well. Otherwise, if I was to record across the entire screen I'd have video that looked something like this (watch in fullscreen at your monitor's native resolution if you're interested) -- Which I'd say is tolerable, but I think people would want to be able to see more up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjii View Post
    If you're multiboxing a lot, I'm not sure if 5 or more game instances will run at @4k resolution with decent FPS, supposedly for some games multiple GTX 970's/980's are required just to run one client at 60 fps.
    I had http://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/ in mind, GSYNC seems to be really cool, but it only activates in Fullscreen mode, so not its useful with Isboxer.
    If we're talking about WoW, I doubt you'd be able to run more than two instances off of a single GPU at higher-than-the-lowest-possible preset with a decent FPS. You'd likely have to have three or four 980s each attached to their own monitor and powering a single instance of the game if you wanted to play at decent settings/framerats, but that's just a guess.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Welp... I took the plunge...

gOAPNe4.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    EDIT: The dimensions in the above diagram are a bit off because the side monitors I ended up purchasing are a different part number, but they're close enough.
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-01-2014 at 04:23 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I bought a westinghouse monitor then a couple months later wanted to pick up a match for my 3-monitor setup. Bought the same exact part number and received monitors with different sized bevels, so mine looks stupid.

Blog Entries

If you want to see stupid, I own a monitor with a ring stand so awful I've spent four years trying to prop it forward and then tie it down so it doesn't fall on my keyboard.

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIma...236-075-05.jpg