Close
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 71

I started leveling up some crusaders last night, the potential seems extremely fun - but I can already knock out T4 with the WD's no problem, not sure if there is much incentive.
    Does everyone find the class itself more fun?
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

My motivation is to get to high torment levels. I've never done WD's though so I can't compare.

Monks for lightning fast low torment farming. Crusaders for fairly quick high-torment farming.

Coming from monks; they are glacially slow...but do so much more DPS, in comparably pitiful gear. Speed is improved, somewhat, since 2.0.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    I started leveling up some crusaders last night, the potential seems extremely fun - but I can already knock out T4 with the WD's no problem, not sure if there is much incentive.
    Does everyone find the class itself more fun?
    Fun??? Mmm ... I wouldn't say fun really. Is not boring either but slower for sure. It just lets u do higher torment in a safer more reliable way I guess. As said before, I hit a wall with my WDs, tho thanks to Kadala in 2.0.5 I already have 2 full Zuni sets, so T5 should be faster now. A good Crusader combo can let u do T5-6 without the need of the high tier sets like other classes. I think it can be fun if u add a monk so its faster and more challenging.

I use my WDs to farm legendary mats in T5. I use my monks to farm shards and caches in T2 (thanks to Kadala, I have all with Cindercoats and Magefists). I plan to use Crusaders to finally farm T6.

I'm still working on the build. My gear sucks because of the complete lack of crit chance so I had to go down to T3 now. Shield Glare is a must for me right now. I'm starting to consider moving to a Fire Build, but I don't have Magefists, Cindercoats and Maximus for most of my chars. So lightning it is for now.

My goal is to find a combo to do T6 without the need of class specific sets, only craftable sets and legendaries that are easy to get. If the combo relies on 6 pieces class sets plus extremely rare legendaries (Wand of Woh, Starmetal Kukri, etc), then its pointless cause I'm not gonna be able to have 4 chars with all that any time soon. So far Crusader let me do T4 with junk items, something I never did with any other class.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-15-2014 at 04:31 PM

Sometimes slow can be good. Less drastic repositioning can be nice. Rifts are usually dense enough that speed isn't a huge issue. I don't really see myself doing bounties on them. But might change my mind.

My goal is the same. I figure t6 farming for faster leveling and slowly gear out my other projects via shards and such.

Still sticking with Fissure?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

The Steed skill is a huge movement speed boost now too. I'd say it's on par with Spirit Walk, if you are using it for mobility.

Haven't messed with it. Seems like it'd be down an awful lot. Hmm might have to mess with it. There is also hope wings but Valor and justice laws are so much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I got the crusaders to 70 last night, was able to immediately do Torment 1 with 150k dps per crusader.. the damage was insanely low but was able to sit there and tank. 3 Rifts lately, hovering at about 400k dps each and really enjoying the change of pace.
    I'm probably going to drop the Steed skill for more utility - it's quite fun but is only useful getting pack to pack.

I think a monk is mandatory to make it really efficient. Wrath usage is completely inefficient without a monk and I really don't wanna round robin Condemn Vacuum just to get something to pull mobs towards my skills, not to mention the pulling is really slow, low radius and not instant like Cyclone Strike. I feel like I cast far too many Fissures for the amount of mobs I have to kill, wasting more than twice the Wrath I should use. If they were clustered, I could just cast a few and everything in the screen will be blinded, rooted and melting.

This is a draft only, but I think I'll be using something like this:

Crusader #1 and #2
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Rf!gaeS!cbZYYY

Crusader #3
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YT!gaeS!cbZYaY

Now the good thing about a monk is I don't need Justice anymore since everything will be packed and in range for Punish which gives higher block and 15% crit chance.

Now, 2.0.5 reduced cooldowns for a some skills, which is great and now is easy to round robin just with 2 chars instead of 3. Even with Judgement Resolved getting a huge nerf, its still helpful for the crit and root effect, so I can have that in a 2 group round robin. Group1 will be Crusader #1 and #3 and Group2 will be #2 and #3 so every cast will have Judgement + Shield Glare. Since Shield Glare has a lower cooldown, with enough CDR it can be almost spammed. That saves me 1 skill slot which I can use for Akarat's Champion.

My goal is to hit 50% CDR. With that I can have Judgement every 4 secs, but since its in roundrobin with 2 Crusaders, it will be available every 2 secs. With 50% CDR Shield Glare will also be up every 2 secs so it matches perfectly. Laws of Valor will be up all time and Laws of Justice will have a 10 secs downtime since I only have 1 Crusader with it. But that's ok since I dont need damage reduction from white mobs, only for elites and having that every 10 secs its ok. I'll prolly use it at the same time my monk casts Inner Sanctuary so I'm pretty much immortal during that time. The idea is to scale in difficulty up to the point u kill packs before Inner Sanctuary and Laws of Justice end. Monk will be a standard ZDPS build with Palm, Cyclone Strike, Mantra of Conviction and Inner Sanctuary.

The combo will be:

Cyclone Strike
    Judgement + Shield Glare + Exploding Palms in a few targets
    Punish + Cripping Wave Breaking Wave (10% additional damage) (just a couple hits)
    Fissure + Deadly Reach Strike from Beyond (spam till they die)

Provoke can be added right after Judgement in case u start with low Wrath.

For difficult elite packs and bosses, I just add Inner Sanctuary + Mantra of Conviction + Laws of Justice + Akarat's Champion. At least on paper, sounds pretty good. I'm also testing a build without a Wrath generator so I can just have Fissure as main and have a free slot for another skill.

I'll polish this during the weekend and let u know how it goes.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-16-2014 at 11:52 AM

Hmm; that sounds pretty promising. Movement from Annihilation will be nice as well.

Though I have trouble using exploding palm efficiently. This might be slightly off topic, but do you have it on its own keybind? I generally go with a spam keybind, a pull keybind, a panic keybind and sometimes an other keybind.

translating your 'combo' into a spam button yields something like:
    Judge/Glare RR -> Crusaders
    CW for 1 second step 2: deadly reach for 3 seconds -> Monk
    Punish for 1 second / fissure for 5-ish seconds -> Crusader

but not sure where to put exploding palm. I've tried various EP for X seconds then nothing for Y mapped keys but none ever worked particularly well for me. (either no EP's or no spirit on monk). But I don't really want a keybind just for it...

might be worth sticking justice in the standard combo tbh since even with one crusader it will be up 50% of the time, more or less, especially at 50% CDR.

Well, I've gone thru this "dilema" in the past when mixed my party with Wizards, WD and a monk, so its fairly easy to solve. First, I need to rearrange my skills so I don't have to remap everything. Then, just identify the skills that can go together and the ones that simple can't and those I remap. Cyclone Strike goes alone with nothing else. Let's say Cyclone Strike and Akarat's Champion are on key 1, but I remap it so whenever I push 1, it only casts Cyclone Strike, nothing else. On 2 I can have Exploding Palm alone since I will spam that too I don't want any Crusader casting skills while I'm casting EP. 3 is for Shield Glare/Judgement alone. 4 for elites so I have Inner Sanctuary, Akarat's champion, Mantra of Conviction and Laws of Justice.

I can create a new keybind for 5 to roundrobin Laws of Valor. Provoke I can create a keybind alone for it and have it assigned to my mouse. I haven't given much thought to it yet since I'm at work, but I'll prolly do something close to this once I get home. So far only Provoke is missing. If I'm lazy, I can even have it on 3 so it Provokes with Judgement/Shield Glare to assure I'm at full Wrath when I start my combo.

So basically it will send these keystrokes:

1 --> 1 on Monk
    2 --> 2 on Monk
    3 --> 2 on all Crusader. 3 on Crusader #1 and #3. Press again and 2 for all, 3 on Crusader #2 and #3
    4 --> 3,4 on Monk. 1 on all Crusaders. 4 on Crusader #3
    5 --> 4 on Crusader #1. Press again and 4 on Crusader #2

Punish and Fissure will go on Left and Right mouse buttons, matching Crippling Wave and Deadly Reach. Easy fix, but I might move provoke somewhere else since is kinda wasted there, for the sakes of using it in my combo, alltho with 50% CDR is available every 6 secs so it could be fine there.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-16-2014 at 04:02 PM