Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 23

Quote Originally Posted by 3Beez View Post
    Ok, so some basics which will get you started. First grab mission control https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...trol-0.13a.zip. Mission Control is a very quick and easy utility to install Wildstar addons (You can also use the curse client).

Next download the Slashtarget addon http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wilds...61-slashtarget.

Launch Mission Control, then simply drag and drop the Slashtarget addon onto Mission Control. Addon installed!

Next go into Wildstar, open up addons and you will see Slashtarget is disabled (white dot next to it). Select the Slashtarget addon then click the 'Change Load Rules' button at the bottom of the page. Check the box that says 'ignore version mismatch and load addon'. Close the window, then click the 'reloadui' button.

Now that you can target, your /follow and /assist commands will work without you having to manually select your leader.

Simply create the macro:

/tar CharacterA
    /follow CharacterA
    /assist CharacterA

or any variation that you desire.

Under HUD options, set Focus target to Always On, as well as Left Secondary Action Bar, and Right Secondary Action Bar.

Now you can drag you macro to the Left secondary action bar for example which is Ctrl + 1.

Pressing your Ctrl + 1 will now activate follow the leader (FTL).

On a side note, I recommend grabbing JunkIt http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220002-junkit and AutoRepair http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wilds...45-auto-repair

From what I have read about macro's in Wildstar, there are limitations around casting macros, however, addons may overcome the macro limitations.

Cheers

3Beez
    who are you? where did you come from? heaven? THANK YOU!!! good stuff!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I have everything set to lowest settings and can only run 3 accounts reliably.. not sure ill be able to upgrade anytime soon ( buying a house ) so ill prob be 3 boxing to start.

I wanted to add some tips. In options>combat>check the boxes for Move toTarget, Auto Face Target ( PvE Only) and Lock to Target (PvE only ) Now your toons will stay facing, and locked onto, mobs! If they are out of range, they will move into range and start busting caps out on some asses!

Edit: I just realized the last few posts are off topic..if a mod wanted to create and move these to a new topic (WIldstar Tips and Tricks? ) that would be cool!
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 05-09-2014 at 11:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    who are you? where did you come from? heaven? THANK YOU!!! good stuff!
    Hi I am an oldschool multiboxer that has recently come out of retirement to play Wildstar

3 boxing for shits n' giggles.

Thanks for the tips guys, awesome stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Beez View Post
    Pressing your Ctrl + 1 will now activate follow the leader (FTL).
    Just to clarify, "FTL" doesn't stand for Follow The Leader. It stands for Focusless, Targetless, and Leaderless -- A following/targeting system designed around the fact that the party has no "leader" (or "main") to be dependent on, doesn't require having a focus target before being able to assist, and doesn't require targeting anything else (e.g. the lead character) prior to assisting.

I'm not saying that FTL isn't possible in WildStar, but the way that your macro is written doesn't qualify it for FTL.

In addition to this, Lax has already implemented ISBoxer to take advantage of its Variable Keystroke system for targeting, assisting, and interacting. So, while Variable Keystrokes do have their limitations outside of your immediate party, if anyone can't get add-ons to work (or they eventually break), ISBoxer can set this stuff up for you via the Wizard.

If your addon adds /follow <charname> and /assist <charname> support (it doesnt work by default) then it would be possible to do proper FTL using the Mapped Key Wizard's new "Text Entry" option.

Use the Mapped Key Wizard and set up a new Text Entry mapping under Non-combat, and set the text to send to "/follow {CHARACTER}", send Enter after, and set the Target to Window:All w/o Current. Same for Assist, just use /assist {CHARACTER}. This would give you fully working FTL.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    If your addon adds /follow <charname> and /assist <charname> support (it doesnt work by default) then it would be possible to do proper FTL using the Mapped Key Wizard's new "Text Entry" option.

Use the Mapped Key Wizard and set up a new Text Entry mapping under Non-combat, and set the text to send to "/follow {CHARACTER}", send Enter after, and set the Target to Window:All w/o Current. Same for Assist, just use /assist {CHARACTER}. This would give you fully working FTL.

I tested the /follow "charname" ..It does not work. Im pretty sure if the addons wizards can make /target work ... they can add /follow "charname"..

But just being able to /target is enough for me.. a true FTL would be nice though

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    But just being able to /target is enough for me.. a true FTL would be nice though
    I think I have FTL working...
    I set up my Wildstar config before LAX updated ISBoxer to have a Wildstar wizard. What I did was this:
    There is an in game button for Follow, I put this on a secondary bar at CTRL+=.
    There is an in game hotkey for Assist, I put this on F12 key.
    You want to set Variable Keys for targeting for your characters:
    Name:  Variable targetting.JPG
Views: 1155
Size:  37.7 KB
    Then set Variable Keystrokes for the Character Set:
    Name:  Variable Keystrokes.JPG
Views: 1105
Size:  56.6 KB
    And finally make some FTL mappings:
    Name:  FTL.JPG
Views: 1152
Size:  30.4 KB

Well that is my version of FTL, happy to be corrected
    I should be able to add more characters later and have them slot straight in with minimal config changes.
    (Actually looking again at my Follow keymap I cheated a little and just passed F2 target to the following char, I would need to change that if I add another char)

I haven't made any Action Target Groups yet as just duoing but that would be handy for removing chars from the DPS rotation as there are a lot of channelled abilities in game.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    Well that is my version of FTL, happy to be corrected
    Technically, that's only an FL setup because you still require a target before you can assist. I'm really not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but FTL is already confusing enough and I'm just trying to make sure everyone is on the same page.

You're also defining many Variable Keystrokes on the Character Set level when most of those can probably be defined globally (assuming that profile is only for WildStar and WildStar is the only game that's using Variable Keystrokes). It's not necessarily a bad thing that you're defining them there, but if you ever make more than one Character Set and then change something simple like movement keys, you now have to go to each Character Set and make that change when it could have been done once in the global settings.

And finally, I'd suggest keeping your in-game follow and/or assist key bindings to a single key without a modifier. I don't know how well WildStar handles modifiers, but sometimes that can cause an issue.

Good points MiRai!

That ISBoxer profile has a lot of games in it and probably needs to be cleaned up which is why the variables are with the character set. It does make it more difficult when adding a new character set. To begin with though I start a game with generic characters like WS-Tank, WS-Healer, WS-DPS1, WS-DPS2 etc. That way I can start a new character set if I want and just use the pre-made ISBoxer characters.
    After a couple of weeks when I understand the game better I go back and re-do the configuration with ATG's and whatnot.

I normally use F11 for follow and F12 for assist but I literally just dumped the follow button to the CTRL+= hotbutton and went with it
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.