Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default How do you move?

I remember a while back someone, possibly Mirai, was using space to move to avoid picking items up and desynchronising characters.

Is this common, I haven't been doing it lately - I never got to a point where it became second nature when I first tried it.

I do this. I bind "Force Move" to space (which I think is normally z) and almost exclusively move with this - at least with ranged characters.

I haven't played melee in a while, but was thinking about monk for S2, so not sure if that is the same but I assume it is.

Thanks, I will adopt way this from now on

I couldn't quite get comfortable doing this myself either, always having to hold down the space bar whenever I moved my team. Instead, I just hold down the left mouse button for that. I click in whatever direction I want them to go and hold it until I want them to stop, just moving the mouse around to steer them, which works well for me.

I do however have the A, S, D and F keys bound as the Force Move keys for my four character slots respectively, so when they desync for whatever reason (e.g. one gets feared), I can hold down the key for that specific character and move them back into the fold. To me, that felt more natural than always having to hold down a key to move. I mostly just nudge them into corners still of course, but for individual and/or mid-fight adjustments, that often does the trick for me as well.

I almost exclusively move with Space and fight holding Shfit. I absolutely hate if I left click and one of my guys clicks an item or mob while the rest move, which made it worth it for me to do this over the old method ... which I used for a long time before learning about Space. It took some getting used to, but certainty is a good thing.

I use the Hold to Control Hotkeys to interact with each window individually when needed; I configured these to F1 through F4. So to move only window 2 in a pinch, I will hold F2 and either click (which is fine for 1 window at a time) or use Space.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    I use the Hold to Control Hotkeys to interact with each window individually when needed; I configured these to F1 through F4. So to move only window 2 in a pinch, I will hold F2 and either click (which is fine for 1 window at a time) or use Space.
    I've never looked at this, I will take a look now thanks

I use a Razer mouse and keyboard. Razer mice let u reassign your left click so I can assign it to any key and then assing that key in Diablo to Force Move. It's a LOT easier to move around this way than assigning it to something else. I tried the mousewheel like a lot of streamers do, but I kept dying. Regular left click works natural.

Now, obviously u can't click objects this way, so I assigned regular left click to other mouse button. Also Razer software lets u have profiles and assign a key to load a certain profile. Whenever I want my mouse left click as usual, I press a key to load the regular profile. I can go back and forth from regular left click or force move left click by pressing 1 key.

I've been using space + mousewheel down. as my overall force move.
    Meeo/Nibilus

I also bound Force Move to space and am even using it to move when not multiboxing by now. Force Move is far superior to normal clicking, especially on ranged chars, as there are so many things that you can accidently click on and cause your chars to run out of sync.

I might have to look into that Hold to Control Hotkeys tho, might be faster to resync chars then switching to the other window if there is no place where you can recollect them.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 02-16-2015 at 11:05 PM

I use ISBoxer and reassigned left-mouse button to always move (mouse 6). Just because shift+mouse 1 is different key binding, ISBoxer ignores it and characters attack by standing in place.

For all other cases (menus, etc) - I have action button assigned to a side mouse button (got R.A.T. 5 mouse, in settings it shows up as mouse 5).