Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Multibox+Proxy=Dropped connection?

Hey everyone!

I recently got into multiboxing in WoW, and have been having a great time. I've been running into a problem recently, though. I'm using a system wide SOCKS5 proxy to reduce lag on my clients. This worked amazingly well the first week. Lately, I notice when I connect =>2 clients, my SSH tunnel freezes. When I traceroute the issue, it's definitely on my end as the 3rd hop always times out, and tracerouting from the ssh shell back to me has a whole bunch of timed out hops the closer it gets to me. It's also weird because I have a second proxy that works fine with no issues. This leads me to believe my ISP is blacklisting the proxy that has the best latency to the server.

Has anyone ever had their ISP blacklist their proxy for gaming or accidentally? Would Win7's firewall potentially be causing this? How would I be able to tell if it's the ISP or some other issue? Once again, it's only when I'm trying to play with =>2 clients, so it's fairly annoying.

Thanks in advance!

Is it a proxy that you maintain yourself or a commercial one? If the latter it's possible they restrict the amount of connections you can have to 1 server/ip (could be for example that they noticed the first week that you had multiple clients up through their proxy, and they limited that afterwards).
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Is it a proxy that you maintain yourself or a commercial one? If the latter it's possible they restrict the amount of connections you can have to 1 server/ip (could be for example that they noticed the first week that you had multiple clients up through their proxy, and they limited that afterwards).
    I maintain my own VPS's, so they're private proxies, in theory.
    Last edited by shensu : 04-25-2014 at 03:21 PM