Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Mixed teams

Default Mixed teams

Ok ive done this in the past with a pally tank and 4 shamans. Although, now i want to add more of a mix melee and ranged but the questions is. How do you get your ranged to stop at a distance while making your melee go into the fight. Im just curious because i love using strobe. Do i have to set a button to stop strobe and follow like a multi step action is isboxer. So the first press stops strobe and the second press stops follow. If so can it be done in a three step for it to stop strobe stop follow then when done to hit again and restart strobe. Just need some ideas how to set this up. Would love to level more teams of mixed nature.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Check out the videos on Pro config for Isboxer. You can configure who is melee, ranged, healer, etc. Haven't looked at it in a while. Lax has a video on his site that explains it well. Pretty sure Mirai does too.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    How do you get your ranged to stop at a distance while making your melee go into the fight. Im just curious because i love using strobe.
    I don't use or suggest other people use follow strobing in PvE combat. It might work in conjunction with spamming IWT/Orbiting in PvP, but in PvE there's far less movement and the constant reissuing of /follow can cause your slaves to keep turning away from the mob in order to face and follow your main. This always gimped the hell out of my DPS because my melees rarely actually got to do any melee because they were always facing away from the mob. There are very few instances where follow strobing is incredibly useful in PvE, but it's rare.

For me, I always break follow for everyone when I drop my totems/pre-engage. I then start running my tank in and start spamming my "pull" key. This key is basically nothing on the slaves, but for my master it is

Code:
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /castsequence reset=5 Reckoning, null
    /castsequence reset=3 Avenger's Shield, Judgment
    /startattack
    /jamba-follow master melee
    I use the tags in Jamba to have just my melee start to follow my tank while she's pulling. This does 2 things. 1. it separates my team so my healer can hang back at range. 2. it reduces the distance that my slaves need to run to IWT. Reducing the distance they need to run, especially against a running target, reduces the chance that they end up running off.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _