Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: GM - Abuse?

Default GM - Abuse?

Hi,

Long story short, I've been reported a few times over the last two weeks by the 'trash' of the LFR system. I've never been kicked, but those that were whining about me have been (mostly because they are the semi-afk healers, 15k dps in SoO etc).

A GM eventually spoke to me during a raid, just saying hello and doing his basic checks I suppose, he was nice and all is well.
    Yet the last two times I've done SoO (a week later), GM's have decided to teleport my characters around in what I assume is more automation testing. Wouldn't be so bad but it is being done a lot and even during boss fights. It was bad enough other people were noticing it and shouting at whoever was doing it via /yell :P

When I say teleporting, I mean just straight up porting them all over the place. During a fight one was taken back to the start of the instance, another was just randomly ported all over the 'combat zone'. Few hours after that my accounts were all temporarily suspended for exploiting the economy. I have had no reason to even use the auction house in months, I have moved no gold around as all my characters have a stupid amount just sitting there anyway.

My accounts were all re-activated with no fuss etc, I submitted a ticket asking politely 'wtf' was going on. Response was just the usual 'multiboxing isn't against the ToU/EULA' blah blah and then told me GM's investigate thoroughly before any action is taken (and for the most part people aren't banned). Assuming this continues (where I'm ported around and suspended for bogus reasons) what do I do? do I have an email I can complain to or something?

Not that it matters but I have set up fraps again so I can at least record this annoyance if it happens again.
    Seriously, all I do in-game these days is raid (LFR/Flexi/Normal), kill everyone on timeless isle (blood coins) and goof off with friends over voice comms zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sorry for the ramble, thanks for any suggestions. =]

i would email the head gm you can find the email on the wow forum ask about the "porting" and gold "ban"

If all your acconts are on the same battle.net then am sure they can see what your doing

They prob ported you round to see what would happen to see if you was a bot. etc kinda the same thing though if you lose a clone and out of follow your more of less doomed. i would think the ban was for standing at the door in a raid and not playing the fights. (yep catch 22)

But when playing with other players there going to be a lot of hate does not matter how good you are a lot are mad that mummy will not pay for more accounts for them. Or your better then with more chars then they are with one.

I used to take clones in raid being main tank and top dps seems to make a lot crazy mad. but they wonted the pugs that did nothing and took all there gear. but there ego was far to big to let one player be better.
    Last edited by ebony : 04-18-2014 at 12:26 PM

I've called in to Blizz a few times about moving my accounts around and multiboxing in general. It's not even a big deal to them, almost like I can hear them yawning. In your case Kayley, I would say...different GM's, different levels of service.

I think they don't type anything in for account actions(for legit multiboxers anyways). They probably just pick from a multiple choice menu, and "exploiting the economy" is surely on that list. Then you get the standard letterhead in your email.

Just my opinion of course.

When it occurs, I would open a ticket on why you were teleported / moved specifically. They are wasting your and the raids time.

Okeydokey.

I raid at the same time so I just assumed it was same GM (which is really unlikely now that I think about it). If it happens again while I'm raiding I will complain more to the various support channels (thx for pointing it out ebony, never bothered to check the blizz forums heh). I don't mind them doing whatever when we are setting up, but during a fight? zzz ;p

Cheers

Kayley how many do you take in LFR? I don't go over 3 normally and have had no issues.

I take 5-20, I've been doing this for a long time now and have only recently had issues.
    I'm not even a scumbag either, I took friends in when I was learning how to 20 box the LFR raids, I haven't wiped at all with the few pickups I use now.
    I would even understand characters being ported when I'm 20 boxing, but it's only when I'm 5 boxing hah.

Oh well \o/

A bit off the original topic, but are there reasons why sometimes you 5-box and sometimes you 20-box? Like do you 5-box just to get to further bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    A bit off the original topic, but are there reasons why sometimes you 5-box and sometimes you 20-box? Like do you 5-box just to get to further bosses?
    Advice was given for the original topic, npnp.
    I play 5 when friends are online and they wanna do some LFR/Flexi - I play 20 when I'm just doing LFR myself or if we are running around timeless isle being a nuisance. I have no desire to do Flexi on 20 characters, SoO mechanics can be tricky as it is right now :P Puddles to dps/heal, being taken into different rooms, breaking boxes, belt duty.. Towers! I only do it when I'm switched on hehe.