Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Connected Realms

Hey all,

I kind of know the answers to these questions, but I want to double check myself before I put too much time into it.

So, recently my realm was connected (Khaz'goroth and Dath'Remar)

Is there any limitation now to me playing (ie actually creating characters on and logging in) on Dath'Remar? I know that guilds, mail, AH, guild bank all span the connected realm.

But is there anything that doesn't?

Also, anything multibox specific that might be a limitation?
    I tested Jamba and isBoxer quickly and didn't have any issues (just remembering that "name"-"server" is needed), but it wasn't a thorough test, only about 10 mins.

Ideally I'd like to have a team with characters from both realms, but that isn't a necessity, I can create a whole new team(s) just on Dath.

Thanks!
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

Afaik the connected realms are treated as one realm no matter the original server. when I put a ticket in about connected realms and granting levels they told me even though they have different names they are infact one realm. this is as much as I know about connected realms as mine hasn't been connected yet.

I have teams spanning EchoIsles and Draenor. No problem at all.

Thanks guys, I will be creating some new teams this weekend!
    Love levelling with RAF, so quick!!
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

As everyone else has stated, connected realms are meant to be seamless in the sense that everything is "merged" except for players and their names. (Not entirely sure how guilds names are handled, though)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOlz View Post
    Also, anything multibox specific that might be a limitation?
    I tested Jamba and isBoxer quickly and didn't have any issues (just remembering that "name"-"server" is needed), but it wasn't a thorough test, only about 10 mins.
    If your ISBoxer is up-to-date (Help > About), then you should see a separate Game Server Name field below the Actual Character Name. This alleviates the need to use character-name under Actual Character Name and fixes the issues that are introduced when running a few characters from the same realm and different realms.