Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Strange little issue

Ok i have setup melee and ranged classes melee seems to work perfectly fine ranged has a hiccup. What happens is if my slave is outside of the range window for a spell they will try and get closer or if i am spamming the dps button they will stutter step closer. I can also iwt with 1 thru =. Here is a copy of what i have with isboxer just seeing if there is an issue or if its natural. I do use menus as well for specific areas i might need them on. Thanks again.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

What are you pressing or clicking?
    What should or shouldn't be happening?
    Which Character Set is this happening on?
    Link your profile.

All of your characters have click move turned on, when the ranged target a distance target they move there. You should see the mouse selection ring pulse under the character's target.

I believe that you need a action target group for 'melee' and only have melee doing iwt click to move hold move. At some point all characters had that and it never got toggled off. All characters can have iwt (to make them all loot or talk to a vendor) but when key is done they turn off click to move. Your characters kept it on it seems and more than just the melee as well.

oh crap i did forget to paste it didnt i dang it here it is. http://privatepaste.com/b3a085c37c. It only happens under the ranged teams. When i press any button 1 thru = if ranged is out of range they try and get closer and at times the stutter step to do this if im spamming the one button. I also can loot using 1 thru = like its an iwt key. I dont believe this should be happening but i could be wrong.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Looks moderately obvious to me

You are triple-binding several Hotkeys by enabling both your "Melee" and "Ranged" Key Maps in addition to the Standard Menu when you press G510-G13.

Because of this, when you press 1, it is doing all of these things:
    1. From the Standard Menu, it does Assist Me in the Non-combat Key Map, followed by 1 -> all
    2. From the Melee Key Map, it does 1 -> all, followed by "Interact with Target" in the Non-combat Key Map (note: for these melee you SHOULD be using Interact with Target - Keep CTM instead. also it should be before the 1 -> all so that you can use the assist that the IWT mapping does before pressing the key 2 times...)
    3. From the Ranged Key Map, it does 1 -> all.

If you're using the Standard Menu, and you wanted to change what happens when you press 1, you should do it within the Menu instead of setting up Key Maps. Instead of the Key Maps, you could have set up 2 Button Sets by copying either the Standard button set or the Standard Assist+Broadcast Button Set. Menus have it built in where you can override which Button Set will be used by the same Menu for any given Character Set -- so for the Ranged team you would pick one Button Set and for the Melee team you would pick the other Button Set, and you would build in your IWT here.

As you have it configured right now, I would do 2 things. First I would remove the Standard Menu from your teams because you've separately configured 1 through =. Second I would use the Key Maps white/black list feature to make sure your different teams don't get each others' Key Maps (see http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_added_..._disable_it.3F, specifically the part that says "If you have new Key Maps for different teams, that would conflict with the others (e.g. because they use the same Hotkey)") -- this is the more difficult/obscure Key Maps equivalent of what I said you would do above for Menus. After doing both of these things, your Ranged team will no longer auto-assist when you press 1 through =, because it was built into both the Melee Key Map and the Standard Menu for 1 through = but not the Ranged Key Map. If you want them to auto-assist, the quickest way to add that is to go delete the existing 1 through = and use the Mapped Key Wizard, but this time select "Assist and Broadcast" instead of "Straight Key Broadcast".

Hope that clears it up for you
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Once again lax thanks for the help. After doing all that i was able to re apply the standard menu with no hiccups. You sire deserve a high five.