Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default How to play WoW without the Bnet Launcher ?

My wow past few days from nowhere has froze every time I open it and try to play. This is clicking the wow icon to open a single wow. Freezes the whole pc to point I have to reset or shut down and reboot up.
    Only happens with WoW nothing else.
    I have updated drivers, updated windows 7 etc.

I saw somewhere some people were having same kind of issues and were able to uninstall the bnet launcher and play wow.

I uninstalled the bnet launcher and can actually attempt to login to wow, but it cries about not being able to validate version or something.
    Prior to uninstall of the bnet launcher, game would freeze before I could even log in or try too.

Oh I also did a full uninstall delete of WoW, redownloaded a fresh copy 22 gigs or so, installed and still could not play would freeze whole pc, so had to always shut down and start pc up.

So I think my issue is related to the bnet app client.

So, how can I launch/play wow then, if I uninstall the bnet app ?
    Last edited by Shania : 04-17-2014 at 06:38 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post
    So, how can I launch/play wow then, if I uninstall the bnet app ?
    Not that I know of, but if your computer is freezing then it's usually the same as a "bluescreen" (even if it's not bringing up a blue screen), and when you restart your computer you should be presented with a message box stating the "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown." In that box it states the problem and gives a BCCode below which is the code that you would then throw into Google to search for a possible fix.

Freezing/Bluescreens usually mean that either a driver or your hardware is acting up or failing.

I uninstalled it.. & launched wow from inside my wow folder WoW-64 and it will worked fine. Don't forget to run it as admin also.. other than that I have no clue
    Last edited by Andreauk : 05-06-2014 at 03:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I uninstalled it.. & launched wow from inside my wow folder WoW-64 and it will worked fine. Don't forget to run it as admin also.. other than that I have no clue
    How do you update the game client if you've uninstalled the launcher?

no clue but I have had no problems for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    no clue but I have had no problems for months now.
    Well, the last patch was March 11th and we haven't had any new patches since we're at the end of an expansion. I reckon you're going to need the BNet Launcher to download and install any new updates.