Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Enjoying Rift after 3 year gaming break!

Wife and I had a son couple years back so I've been out of the gaming loop for few years, but now that he's in preschool I've got some time to get back into gaming and multiboxing. Started up a Rift account a little over a week ago since I heard it was FTP and got a solo toon up to 48 in what seemed like a very quick and enjoyable time frame. I'm not a big PvPer so I'm not worried about the lack of follow in Warfronts and CQs since I've mainly always enjoyed leveling up toons and minor raiding. I plan on finishing the run to 60 solo and then am going to take on a 3 or 5 box team like I ran in WoW and wanted to ask a couple quick questions to those still boxing Rift.

Is the MBer hate still pretty strong in Rift? I haven't seen any in my travels, and the Rift forums give the impression that MBers are persona non grata.

How are the daily quests at level max compared to WoW? I remember being able to bang out a bunch of MBer friendly dailies in WoW in about an hour netting a good amount of gold for the time spent. So far I haven't spent any real life money on the game, but I'd like to think that 3 or 5 box farming or dailies at 60 would be able to net me enough Plat in a short amount of time to buy some REX to unlock souls, character slots, additional professions, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I solo PvP a main and I 3-box rogues out in open world doing Rifts. I do not run them in groups with anyone else, I use them only for farming and such. The hate was there when I first started, but tapered off to just curious looky-loos now.

I dont use them for farming plat, anytime I need plat I just pay $10 and get REX I can sell for around 1000 plat.

Probably in Rift a better way to make plat would be the AH instead of the dailies. Rift doesn't have the easy AH addons to do all the work so the people who put effort into it are making alot of plat. As an example, the Coruscating Ethereal Shard sells for about 80 plat in the AH, you use it to make stacks of 8 dream orbs that sell for 80 plat each, so selling 1 you break even and 7x80 plat profit. And they sell very fast because everyone uses them end-game.

As for the dailies, I suggest the crafting dailies. I take my 3-box team out farming artifacts, ore, etc, and once I have bags full I take them all back to do the crafting dailies. Pop an exp vial then turn them all in.

That sounds more fitting to my play style anyhow. Thanks for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I solo PvP a main and I 3-box rogues out in open world doing Rifts. I do not run them in groups with anyone else, I use them only for farming and such. The hate was there when I first started, but tapered off to just curious looky-loos now.

I dont use them for farming plat, anytime I need plat I just pay $10 and get REX I can sell for around 1000 plat.

Probably in Rift a better way to make plat would be the AH instead of the dailies. Rift doesn't have the easy AH addons to do all the work so the people who put effort into it are making alot of plat. As an example, the Coruscating Ethereal Shard sells for about 80 plat in the AH, you use it to make stacks of 8 dream orbs that sell for 80 plat each, so selling 1 you break even and 7x80 plat profit. And they sell very fast because everyone uses them end-game.

As for the dailies, I suggest the crafting dailies. I take my 3-box team out farming artifacts, ore, etc, and once I have bags full I take them all back to do the crafting dailies. Pop an exp vial then turn them all in.
    How do you like your 3 Rogue team? My main toon is Rogue and I'm really like the class. I'm guessing that farming with 3 of them must mow down mobs pretty easily.

I raised a thread on here a year ago as I was getting a lot of abuse about MBing... http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/49866-Rift-MB-abuse
    but it has almost completely gone now.

I play on Faeblight (US) and Typhiria (EU) and can't remember the last time I was given grief.

I do get a lot of staring when running Instant Adventures and some people will put themselves on /follow but I just mention in /raid that if they carry on I will be raising 5 tickets about their lack of participation and it soon stops

Quote Originally Posted by moog View Post
    I raised a thread on here a year ago as I was getting a lot of abuse about MBing... http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/49866-Rift-MB-abuse
    but it has almost completely gone now.

I play on Faeblight (US) and Typhiria (EU) and can't remember the last time I was given grief.

I do get a lot of staring when running Instant Adventures and some people will put themselves on /follow but I just mention in /raid that if they carry on I will be raising 5 tickets about their lack of participation and it soon stops

I haven't had any abuse while boxing so far, Had people ask what I'm doing and after I explain nothing more was said.
    But I have had people follow me doing IA and stuff I normally give then a few minutes to see if they need a quick break even though it would have been nice to get a tell first, but then after a few minutes if they don't take part I leave or mount up and ride away if they are not mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Signal7 View Post
    How do you like your 3 Rogue team? My main toon is Rogue and I'm really like the class. I'm guessing that farming with 3 of them must mow down mobs pretty easily.
    Well rogues are the only class I have boxed. Maybe I got lucky and found the best team for me on the first try, but so far I have had no desire to try any other class.