Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default WOW AOE dps targeting

Thank you for previous loot question replies.

1. How are those of you using ISBoxer currently handling DPS AOE spells that have the green target placement (google turned up 2008 info)?

I'm currently hotkeying to the dps window to place it, then back to tank, but these are overgeared(loomed) lowbie instances and it won't be sustainable. I'd really like it stepped for each DPSer's AOE spell if possible.

TIA,

Zork

1. Select the Mapped Key Wizard from the Wizards menu.
    2. Select the Combat Key Map to put your new mapping into.
    3. Select "Straight Key Broadcast Plus Click" as the type of Mapped Key to set up
    4. In the final page pick the Hotkey that initiates the spell, and tell it where to go

If you want to initiate it by pressing a different key than it sends, go into the top left pane under Key Maps, then select the new mapping in the bottom left pane to set its Hotkey.

p.s. this is also mentioned in the Quick Start Guides, among other places http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_...e_is_no_part_8
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

p.s. this is also mentioned in the Quick Start Guides, among other places http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_...e_is_no_part_8
    Thank you very much lax! I'll get on it when I get home.

I did skip 'Part 8' because of the title "There is no part 8" )

but after review I am unable to find the "you may benefit from the Example targeted AOE Mapped Key under FTL DPS Keys." and mine doesn't look the same as the image in the link. Perhaps I messed something up, or this was changed in ISB41, but I did look under the hood -- honest. ;o)

BTW, ISBoxer "Wizards" are the first (and probably only) ones that I like/use/trust and are nice because I can see what they "Wizzed" so I can tailor as needed. Well done!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Zork View Post
    but after review I am unable to find the "you may benefit from the Example targeted AOE Mapped Key under FTL DPS Keys." and mine doesn't look the same as the image in the link.
    oops you're right, I will update that part immediately, thanks for pointing that out!
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

And then once you get the Mapped Key working, you can upgrade to using a VFX Viewer with it.

http://youtu.be/8J8hB8Romv0?t=5m6s

No worries lax, appreciate the help/how-to. I figured it was user error, this is a first. ;o)

Sweet video MiRai! That's what I was hoping for, as my slave-screens are currently on the same screen (until I build a new system to "take over the world") ;o) I just need to convince the Mrs. Now I can argue that instead of having 22 more children so we can 25-man raid as a family, multi-boxing hardware is more economical and therefore, makes much more financial sense. I think it's a strong argument. D

1. Question about the VFx moveable window/frame: I have VFx set up with grid for heals, what happens when the AOE VFx overlaps the grid/heal VFx?
    I'm running out of screen real-estate quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork View Post
    1. Question about the VFx moveable window/frame: I have VFx set up with grid for heals, what happens when the AOE VFx overlaps the grid/heal VFx?
    Never tested it myself, but worst case scenario would be that it unravels the space-time continuum which would then destroy the universe we live in.

I hate it when that happens. (for some reason I can always re-watch those movies ad-nauseum and enjoy them)

Right on, thanks. I'll have to try it, per your vid-tutorial.

If it does go awry, and unraveling causes dis-continuum I suppose I should apologize now, to the thread readers that knew the true cause.

<clears throat> Sorry about breaking the universe everyone. o