Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Multi box mining

Okay so i use to multi box mine eve back in 2010 for mining, it was profitable but i ended up quitting. Now a few buddys of mine wanna start up and i cant find any of my old account info and with out character names and the such ccp wont help me out so im starting over. I already have them all set up training toward a retriver then will go from their up, and one account is almost to an orca for boosting, i use to mine ice but see that they either dont exist or im looking in the wrong places now. My 2nd issue is what is the best way to make isk with mining, i was reading about PoS in highsec that i can use to run research I never got that far before and am not sure if its worth the time/isk to keep the thing floating and safe.

So basicly what im asking is this:
    1) does ice exist and if so how do i find it now? (clueless)
    2) Whats the best way now to make isk via industry, is it better to mine ore and sell it or better to use it to make things?

Also I am looking for a corp I do still have my main account, it flys a stealth bomber & a few other amarr style ships, i was working it toward a redeemer but have put that on hold for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmb768ypl View Post
    1) does ice exist and if so how do i find it now? (clueless)
    They changed how ice mining works last year. Ice spawns in limited amounts, and has a respawn time

2) Whats the best way now to make isk via industry, is it better to mine ore and sell it or better to use it to make things?
    depends on your skills really. If you have good refining skills, good manufacturing skills, and researched bpos then you can make some money, otherwise you may be better off selling mats.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

So what way would be able to make money that doesnt involve the new planet stuff.

So what way would be able to make money that doesnt involve the new planet stuff.
    well ice is really good money regardless - especially if you're making fuel blocks. Its just not the isk printer it used to be. Ore mining in nullsec is going to become very profitable with the refining changes coming up this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Ore mining in nullsec is going to become very profitable with the refining changes coming up this summer.
    So, what you're saying is that I should fire up 30 accounts now so that I'll have a bit of training by summer?

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    So, what you're saying is that I should fire up 30 accounts now so that I'll have a bit of training by summer?
    Yes, I am waiting on the summer expansion to get back into mining. You are welcome to come hangout and destroy the evil space rocks.

Well i was already training up new miners on new 21 day trial accounts you can get to retriver level (all the training that can be done on a trial anyway) with in about 17days

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    exactly. then you put those alts into thrashers and blob all the things.

One of the big things you will want to know is if you plan to plex or pay irl iskies for your character's accounts. Mining is nice in that it scales in a linear fashion and is low input but its also very high risk in null with the interceptor changes. Beyond that everyone and their mother will be dicking about with the nullsec indy changes; don't bet too quickly that the miner will make the most isk. In general i would say the middlemen doing the compression will.