Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Selective Looting in instances ISBoxer

Been having an absolute blast 5 boxing (with the exception of being feared/Psych-Screamed and EvrManForHmself long CD) with the help of forum vets posts/vids/streams.

1. Is there a way I can auto-loot so certain items go to particular slots? For example: Say I have a team with a BS, JC, Enchanter and a BOP rare recipe drops, say an enchant recipe, can I make it so while my tank loots/rtclicks corpse, the recipe will go to the priest enchanter or say cloth to the tailor, etc. 'automagically?'

I've looked at Jamba's 'advanced loot' but, am unsure if this will accomplish this and don't know how to set this up along with in-game 'auto-loot' etc. options.

Jamba is amazing, but I found I turned off about 50% of the modules as they were either giving me grief(other add-on conflicts) or I simply haven't set them up effectively yet; advanced-loot being one of them.

TIA

Personally I use master looter. The lead (usually the tank) will pick who gets what loot. It is a few more clicks but efficient.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

You can't loot on the master and have it appear on a slave. There's no way to do that.

Jamba Loot must be set up in advance.

How Jamba Advanced Loot works is -

My tailor is Toon3
    I go into Jamba > Team > Advanced Loot.

Under Add Item -

Drag a piece/stack of cloth to the input field.
    If you don't have the item on hand, you can also insert a link from WoWhead. For example, if I wanted to assign Netherweave Cloth -

1. Look up the item you want.
    2. Click the "Links" button near the top of the page and copy the Ingame Link field {select the whole link with ctrl + a and press ctrl + c to copy}.
    3. Paste the Ingame Link into the Item field in Jamba {ctrl + v}.

Once you have the item or link in place, click the OKAY at the end of the line.

Chose the Character name to whom the loot should be assigned from the "Character Name" Dropdown.

Click ADD.

Under Advanced Loot Messages you can assign where alerts go.

Don't forget to push the changes to the slaves so they know what they are assigned.

Now when you loot from the master, if there is Netherweave Cloth on the corpse, you will receive an alert {if you chose one under Advanced Loot Messages}. The master WILL NOT LOOT the cloth, it will leave it on the corpse for the assigned toon {Toon3/the tailor}. You will then have to have the slave loot that corpse.

That doesn't sound very helpful since you still have to loot with the slaves. But, if you have loot like this pre-assigned through Jamba Loot, you can then make use of Assist + Interact with Target. What I do is I loot with the master as normal. Jamba Loot will leave cloth and whatever else I assign to specific slaves on the corpse. Those corpses, because they are not empty, will continue to "sparkle" so they are easy to identify.

I select a sparkling corpse, have my slaves assist my master so they also target that corpse, then I press my Interact With Target button, just like you would do with corpses that have quest drops. Now all the slaves run up and loot whatever they are assigned to loot.

As far as things like BOP recipes, many of those can be seen but not looted by characters that don't have the required profession. For example, I could see the plans for Jeeves on my tank, but she's not able to pick them up because she's not an Engineer. Only Messkit, my Engineer, can physically loot it. In the case of BoP items that you can loot but not use, you should have a timer on it that allows you to trade it to other eligible members of your party for 2 hours.

For stuff that's not dropping all the time, I just loot with the master and pass it out as needed.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _