Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 40

Default TheOlz YouTube Multiboxing Videos

Hey all,

I have started to make some YouTube movies of my 5 man dungeon teams. I've posted a couple, which I added to The Commons, but I am probably going to post a bunch and I don't want to spam them all in there.

I'll post my new movies in this thread, if anyone wants to check them out.

I'm pretty new to multiboxing, and brand new to screen capturing so don't expect the best quality, but I'm working on it.

I'll actually try to do some commentary on the ones I do in the future too.

Thanks!

~TheOlz
    Last edited by TheOlz : 04-18-2014 at 03:32 AM
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

5 Monk Team in Blackrock Caverns

I have a macro problem in the first half of this dungeon, and one WW isn't attacking properly, but I fix it before the 2nd boss.

5 Monk Team in Stormstout Brewery

First MoP dungeon with this team, mostly in vendor and quest greens, with a blue weapon for all of them from the AH.
    I've actually never really run MoP dungeons without being way overpowered (ie farming heroics in raid epics), so I don't even know some of the boss mechanics properly. So this is a bit of a learning experience for me too!

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:

Team of 1x Priest 4x Death Knight in Blackrock Caverns

Team of Druid, Paladin, Warrior, Warlock, Hunter in Blackrock Caverns

I have done some commentary on this one. I had no idea what to talk about, so I just rambled and babbled on about WoW and multiboxing. I hope that if I do more I can be a bit less nervous and make a bit more sense.

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:

Quote Originally Posted by TheOlz View Post
    I have done some commentary on this one. I had no idea what to talk about, so I just rambled and babbled on about WoW and multiboxing. I hope that if I do more I can be a bit less nervous and make a bit more sense.
    I like it. The only issue I had was the fact that the volume was low, and when there was a fight the game sound was a bit too high and ended up kinda drowning out your voice.

I am going to try to do some more, and will mess around with the sound settings.

Might have to try recording game sound in Fraps and my commentary in Audacity, then combining them, so I can play with the levels a bit.

Thanks heaps MiRai, dude.
    Your movies were a deciding factor for me to start boxing, be great if I can encourage someone who is on the fence to jump into it too!

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:

Rated Arena Member

I like ur idea m8 this forum needs some movies even though it's just to show some fun, u know anything goes to my morning coffee
    Also you can make it more interresting if you throw on some music, you can find some "free to use" that are quite good, forexample at newgrounds.com, its an old site, but it's just an example.
    Last edited by Selz : 04-14-2014 at 10:49 AM

I am going to try to do some more, and will mess around with the sound settings.

Might have to try recording game sound in Fraps and my commentary in Audacity, then combining them, so I can play with the levels a bit.
    In the videos where I put myself on camera, the audio is recorded separately so that I can adjust everything as needed.

Thanks heaps MiRai, dude.
    Your movies were a deciding factor for me to start boxing, be great if I can encourage someone who is on the fence to jump into it too!
    Very cool.

I will say that it's difficult to be interesting all of the time, but I think as long as you stick to talking about the game and/or multiboxing, then everything should be fine. It's when people start to veer off into their personal lives or start talking about things that happened to them earlier in the week that nobody cares about is when I really start to tune people out and eventually just shut the video off. I don't want to sound like a dick, but if I watch that video a year after that person made it, all of that personal life crap doesn't mean anything anymore -- It's useless banter -- But if you're talking about the game and multiboxing, even if it changes a year later, it would still have something to do with the video that was being viewed.

Also, if you plan on doing this regularly, then you should probably throw some type of watermark(s) into the video somewhere so that other people can't "steal" them as easily. You can usually search for 'multiboxing' on YouTube, sort by upload date, and you typically find many videos that have been ripped and then re-uploaded to help advertise other multiboxing software (not naming any names).

Advice taken on board, thank you very much!

I hadn't considered that people would steal movies, so I will find some way to add a watermark or overlay to future movies.

Think I'm going to try taking my Monk's through TJS later today, so I will try to record that. Think I have software that will allow me to record fullscreen now, so my slaves will be on the screen too!

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:

Random dungeon refused to give me TJS last night, got 3 Stormstout's in a row, so here's another movie of that.

5 Monk Team in Stormstout Brewery - this time with commentary

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:

Random dungeon decided it would give me TJS last night, so here is a movie of my run through that.

5 Monk Team in Temple of the Jade Serpent

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing: