Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Burn Jita

Default Burn Jita

Just a heads up to all EVE players here, the annual Burn Jita has just begun.

http://themittani.com/news/burn-jita-3-looms-horizon

Best advice is to stay away from Jita for a while, fly safe dudes o7
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I was with BNI for almost a month Svper. Barle was much more fun than Sendaya.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Much love for BNI, they always undock for fights

I've heard that from quite a few people, sounds like BNI might be fracturing.

I got aggravated with the leadership pretty quickly just doing stupid things and letting their FC's do stupid things. After the 10th "lets lulz a thorax fleet into null and die to bombs because dying is what we do" I stopped going out in thorax fleets. I chatted to FC's/leadership a lot in the caps channel (I put one of my mains in BNI and lost a moros in that big ugly TEST capital op fuck up early on) and advocated a bomber only policy in null at least for awhile till things settled out. Motre himself told me that wouldn't fly and blah blah and I was sitting in my dread waiting for a potential fight the night TEST lost their 'Dreamfleet' in null to...bombs. That's when I decided TEST weren't folks I wanted to be in a coalition with and BNI is going to have to spend more time doing stupid shit than I wanted to deal with before they improved enough for me to happily play with them. Loaded the suitcase archon and peaced out. Haven't been logged in much since.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Hey guys. Fascinating convo on BNI and such. I started my first toon on 1/31 and currently have 2 toons on separate accounts in BNI.

So, here's the thing: BNI is the mega of megacorps in a way. The number of people that they have is ridiculous. What does this mean? You aren't going to get your hand held and you are going to have to learn by making mistakes. I actually had similar experiences as you though in that I went into some retard fleets with 500-1000 people and lost pretty ships, but worse yet I lost implants. After not getting SRP, I finally figured that I was going to have to figure things out on my own. For me that meant heading out to Jel to embrace my inner carebear a little and grind an 8.0 standing so that I can setup my own clones. During that time I've been ganked a bit, but I have learned an enormous amount about strategy, tactics, and survival in Eve...and I didn't have to leave BNI to do it. Point is: To some extent you have to be responsible for yourself because nobody else is looking out for you.

So, before today I have kept JCs in Barl to do my PI, been chillin in Jel/Ation, and now that I have some skills and experience, I'm going back down to Sendaya. More than that, with Barl being officially abandoned and HERO taking Catch, things will be interesting. So, come back down to Sendaya...or not, but this game is not like many others. You'll just want to set some short and long term goals that are fun for you.

isk was not really the issue for me (I have about 30bil in isk and assets), nor was lack of knowledge (I've been playing on and off since beta). My problem was having very little patience for the stupid mistakes that got repeated over and over and over. I felt like TEST should have known better and been a better guide to BNI about nullsec living, but that didn't happen either. I'm just a jaded old bittervet at this point, and when my fun per hour hit zero and stayed there for a week I bailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganti View Post
    I'm just a jaded old bittervet at this point, ...
    Clearly .

My point here is that as of last night, things are going to be a little different. It might be worth coming back to hang out for a little while.

For me, there is so much complexity in this game that I expect to be exploring Eve for a while. That was where I got burnt out in WoW. WoW in comparison is a child's game, which is probably why it is so accessible...and also why it is so hard to keep good players (ie lack of challenge).

bah, you just want me to help you grind the rest of catch

The future of catch should be interesting. Even if HERO takes all the sov, as soon as someone drops supers its game over.

Also, don't expect much from TEST. fleeting with them in Vale was a horrible experience, they are literally worse than goons could ever be.