Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Wildstar Warplots!

Check this out!

Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

that is so funny.

but looks fun.

cool vid, but it really doesn't showcase what the actual gameplay is like.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    It was a new reveal of the Warplot feature. They just started testing it in closed beta. Wildstar "flicks" are just cool/fun introductions to the games plethora of features and content. They just announced this feature yesterday at PAX. They also said that they will have more details next week, and im sure youtube and twitch will have lots of video!

But can you imagine being able to bust out Onixia in AV to fight for you!!?? Being able to capture dungon bosses and use them in Warplots is going to be bad ass! at least in theory lol

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOIb4ye1Jk

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    I like the idea of being able to customize your base so that the opponent can't go in with a cookie-cutter pre-made strategy, but what I didn't like about the video were the people playing and presenting it. They kept saying, "THIS IS AMAZING!" even before they were out of the starting area front gate. You can't say that they've never been in an area with 39 other people because they talk about Alterac Valley later in the video, so they've clearly been at a gate with 39 other people before -- And I'm just not sure why that's AMAZING.

Nothing in the video jumped out at me as amazing, so to speak, but then again Wildstar doesn't really appeal to me (and I've been in plenty of large scale battles before). The guy in the video keeps throwing around the word "unoptimized" when talking about the performance level of the Warplot, but is there post from a Wildstar dev saying they're unoptimzed? Honestly, I would guess that game engines still, to this day, can't handle a lot of people in the same area at the same time, and that's why there's such a performance hit -- While it may be "unoptimzed" I don't think there's anything developers can do it about it at this time, and it's just the way it is. We especially see a drop in performance in WoW when there are a lot of people in the same area and it's got a lower minimum system requirement than Wildstar does. Again, I'm not knocking the game, it's just not for me.

One thing I would like to point out about the video is that the female voice says something about multiboxing at around the 34:40 mark -- Something about a new UI ...or something?

If i had to guess.. based on the way she responded to the "unheard" statement or question about multiboxing..she was saying " multiboxing..yea.. lets pray" But I'm thinking it was something along the lines of unheard persons says " i hope they don't allow multiboxing in warplots" And that was her reply.

Multiboxing in warplots will have the same effect it does in AV.. the "zerg+focus fire" effect. If they do not put any kind of multiboxing restrictions on warplots. im sure we will see Prepared in there.. But it looks like there is a lot of stuff that needs to happen to win.. so im not sure zerging will be as effective as it is in AV.