Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default New Forum Theme!

The new theme is live! In order to help introduce both new and old users alike to this new theme, here's a quick breakdown of some of the major changes.

Frontpage

• Left Column (2/3rd)
      • Slider
        • Shows "What's Hot" in The Commons (both videos and images).
        • You want your stuff to be on the front page? Submit it to The Commons.

• Main News Article
      • Recent News Articles
      • Recent Blog Posts

• Right Column (1/3rd)
      • Three different sections for Recent Threads and Most Popular Threads of the Week/Month.

Navigation Tabs

• Live Chat
      • Feel free to join, hang out, and chat it up with some d-b and non d-b users; but do not join the live chat and expect to learn about the latest and greatest theory-crafted multiboxing techniques there are to date. It is pretty much just an everyday IRC channel and the activity in the chat channel is dependent on the time of the day and how talkative people are feeling. There's also a fancy bot in the channel that automatically updates everyone on forum activity on multiple sites.

• What's New
      • This tab has always been there, but now shows the entire site's Activity Stream by default. In order to reach the old "What's New" forum listing:
        • What's New tab > New Posts sub-text
        • Forum tab > New Posts sub-text

Main Forum

• Top Slider/Banner
      • Shows what has been most recently uploaded to The Commons (both videos and images).
      • You want your stuff to be up there? Submit it to The Commons.

• Image Sub-Forum Slider/Banner
      • Shows what has been most recently uploaded to The Commons (images only).

• Video Sub-Forum Slider/Banner
      • Shows what has been most recently uploaded to The Commons (videos only).

I think that about covers all of the major changes for now, but there may still be a few minor changes that happen while everyone is still settling in. If you happen to find any bugs, then feel free to post them in this thread along with a detailed description.

If you didn't see the first thread, then you should know that there are a few different color schemes that come with this theme (Default/Blue/Gray and light or dark variations of each). If you'd like to try them out then scroll down to the bottom of the forum and choose one from the drop-down menu along the left-hand side.

Thanks to the guys in Dual-Boxing's Live Chat (IRC) for their suggestions, help and invaluable feedback in getting the new layout to look and function nicely!

Let us know what you all think. I think it's great!
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

This pretty much sums up my thoughts:

http://i2.minus.com/itLRYPTtvv25E.png

Gah...I knew we had new themes going in but didn't know y'all were getting rid of BlackStealth.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

We'll just have to get used to a new feel... again. Not the first time we've had a switcheroo :-)
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Gah...I knew we had new themes going in but didn't know y'all were getting rid of BlackStealth.
    I don't know all of the technicalities, but I'm going to guess that it would've taken a lot more work to bring the old themes "up-to-speed" with the newer ones if they were to co-exist side-by-side in perfect harmony -- Especially with the behind-the-scenes upgrade to vBulletin.

How many hyphens can one sentence have?

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    We'll just have to get used to a new feel... again. Not the first time we've had a switcheroo :-)
    At least this time we gave a week's notice.

Love the new theme in combination with the banner:

Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!