Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 33

Watched all Fevir's primer vids. Great source of information and the amount of features this game is shipping with is amazing, very very cool!

I can't find the /target addon, I did a search and had a look through Curse...

Going to jump in game now and try a couple of different classes.
    I had thought of Engineer + Medic but then learnt that Medic is actually close/medium range so I might choose a different healer.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

i just got home and am patching. I am going to try eng+spellslingers and eng+epers. Eng is a ranged tank and both the SS and Esper can be heals and are also ranged. I think Medics would work well with Stalker or warrior.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    Watched all Fevir's primer vids. Great source of information and the amount of features this game is shipping with is amazing, very very cool!

I can't find the /target addon, I did a search and had a look through Curse...

Going to jump in game now and try a couple of different classes.
    I had thought of Engineer + Medic but then learnt that Medic is actually close/medium range so I might choose a different healer.
    There has never been a game launch with this much content..the real test will be how often they can bring out new content after live.

Im going to get Mumble going and ill be on that tomorrow if you want to chat about Wildstar!

Sorry for the two separate posts back to back.. had a brain fart!
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 04-26-2014 at 12:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    i just got home and am patching. I am going to try eng+spellslingers and eng+epers. Eng is a ranged tank and both the SS and Esper can be heals and are also ranged. I think Medics would work well with Stalker or warrior.
    I heard spellslinger is very movement based so went eng + esper. Will save medic for warrior duo as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    There has never been a game launch with this much content..the real test will be how often they can bring out new content after live.

Im going to get Mumble going and ill be on that tomorrow if you want to chat about Wildstar!

Sorry for the two separate posts back to back.. had a brain fart!
    I have a 3 year old and 6 month old so don't get much time to game. Get to play a lot of toy trains though
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

I found the in-game follow - it is in the bottom right corner pop-up menu under Non-Combat Abilities. There is a bunch of things in there like interact and the dodges. Very handy. Those abilities can be dragged out and placed on the secondary bars that can be set (ESC --> HUD and then enable Left and Right Secondary bars)
    Name:  Wildstar_follow.JPG
Views: 746
Size:  104.8 KB

Yea.. i did not know about those. nice!.. BUt i have been using macros and have my team working well.. they assist.. face and move to targets ect.. good stuff

No I don't think it really helps having the in game shortcuts as I already setup a macro as you said. Also set up an interact key through ISBoxer so that followers assist the main on an F key press and then press F - that makes questing much easier.

Next is a round robin on the knock downs and interrupts, pretty standard stuff.

I need to get better at avoiding telegraphs on the followers though...

The atmosphere is really growing on me. They have put so much time in to fleshing out the world, I spend a lot of time just wandering around looking at things

Well my play testing is over and back to work

I gotta say that two boxing at least looks very easy for this game. I set up hotkeys to dodge the following character sideways which really helped with the telegraphs and along with the auto-face target setting things were good.

Big big problem is though that I often lose the mouse in combat, it is so small and there is so much colour going on in a fight that the mouse just blends in.

How did you make out Lyonheart?

I played spellslingers and espers.. i like them both. I wanted to try them to help me figure out what kind of team i will make ( healers ).. i might end up with a mixed group.. but Tank and 4 SSs or Espers might work good. At 15 SS get an ability that does dos to mobs in the telegraph and heals players in it.. so one button to do both is great.. in theory. I will level them more next time.

Did you find the Spellslingers more positional based compared to Espers?
    I read that somewhere. The Esper as a class didn't really grab me and I would prefer Spellslinger I think.

I really enjoyed the Engineer I tried, I liked having the bot that could hold agro for a few seconds. Engineers just felt a bit different from the usual MMORPG classes.

Next I'll try a melee tank and Medic healer.