Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 33

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    Dual-boxing should be easy at lower levels (Less than 15) and become enormously difficult at 15 and above because of the necessity to be constantly moving, and I don't think /follow will successfully move the slave out of danger.
    Any ideas on ways to mitigate this? My experience is almost entirely with mmos requiring little to no movement, but perhaps action rpg (eg. D3) boxers have ideas?

Yeah, I was also curious if this was even possible to play in PVP, since it looke like you need to be facing not targeting

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    Yeah, I was also curious if this was even possible to play in PVP, since it looked like you need to be facing not targeting
    I don't think auto facing works in PvP, it works great in PvE..but before i knew you could auto face and interact with target..i had no issues keeping mobs in my "telegraphs", and most heals are less facing and more "be in the big square area to get healed", so Im sure you can make it work in PvP as well, even without auto facing. And the area dps telegraphs cover is often large enough for some forgiveness, if your not exactly facing a target. ( as long as they dont jump on the "disable /follow in BGs band wagon)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Pretty easy to get two characters set up and it seems quite boxing friendly. I couldn't find any slash commands to set targets in macros though, is there no /target?

Getting characters out of the way of telegraphs could become a problem though.

Quite a fun game and I am considering a duo in Wildstar as ESO slowly unravels through bugs and dupes.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    I couldn't find any slash commands to set targets in macros though, is there no /target?
    There is not. But there is an add-on, appropriately called SlashTarget, that adds that functionality. It's probably the first of many multiboxer-friendly add-ons that I expect will make their way into the game.

As for the heavy focus on constant movement, I think it'll be manageable in PvE to a reasonable extent; especially if you're comfortable strafing your leader and followers separately--or in tandem. And, of course, there are always classic threat mechanics to take advantage of to keep your slaves safe. But from what I've seen of Dungeons and PvP (holy AoE, Batman!), multiboxing will probably be one hell of an exercise in frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by hobothe1st View Post
    There is not. But there is an add-on, appropriately called SlashTarget, that adds that functionality. It's probably the first of many multiboxer-friendly add-ons that I expect will make their way into the game.

As for the heavy focus on constant movement, I think it'll be manageable in PvE to a reasonable extent; especially if you're comfortable strafing your leader and followers separately--or in tandem. And, of course, there are always classic threat mechanics to take advantage of to keep your slaves safe. But from what I've seen of Dungeons and PvP (holy AoE, Batman!), multiboxing will probably be one hell of an exercise in frustration.
    There were many 5 man quest mobs/bosses that were easy enough to hold agro..i would set my alt toons in some sort of formation and do my best to keep the mob angry at my tank.. worked pretty well. Since the level cap is only 20.. it will be hard to know how effective that will be in the end game areas.

Quote Originally Posted by hobothe1st View Post
    Good to know, the /target seemed to be the only thing I missed for creating an easy boxing setup.

I could see myself two boxing Wildstar. It is a lot of fun but I prefer Elder Scrolls Online atmosphere, it is more relaxing compared to Wildstar's frenetic over-saturated chaos. Wildstar does seem to be a very well designed game with lots of systems already in place such as the secondary professions as explorer scientist etc. ESO seems to need a bit of work in that department.

I like that Wildstar will start with housing as well

Is there small group content yet or is it full group or solo only?

EDIT: 2 x Wildstar standard edition purchased with GreenManGaming 25% off!
    Last edited by pox67 : 04-21-2014 at 08:45 PM
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Is there small group content yet or is it full group or solo only?

Other than tons elite mobs that have been added in last patch ( meant for 2-5 players ) There are also "Shiphand missions" that are instanced quest zones that scale with group size. There are lots of them starting at around level 13..they are repeatable. I had an epic drop off a trash mob in one.

The last patch changed exp in open world to "encourage" grouping.. they upped the exp for groups and added the elite mobs for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Other than tons elite mobs that have been added in last patch ( meant for 2-5 players ) There are also "Shiphand missions" that are instanced quest zones that scale with group size. There are lots of them starting at around level 13..they are repeatable. I had an epic drop off a trash mob in one.

The last patch changed exp in open world to "encourage" grouping.. they upped the exp for groups and added the elite mobs for that reason.
    That is good news. This game really seems to be shipping with a lot of features whereas you often have to wait for small group content. I can't attest to howbuggy the game is as I haven't played enough but it does have the features there.

Now that I pre-ordered I am automatically in the remaining beta weekends. I'll probably use the time to perfect an ISBoxer config before release. I am thinking of setting up forward/backwards/strafe on the arrow keys for the companion character. That way I can move them out of the way from telegraphs. Or maybe tie those keys to dodges.
    Does dodge use a resource in this game? I know ESO uses stamina to dodge which makes it worthless as you want the stamina for attacks/blocking.

What about the secondary professions (paths)? It would be easier to have each toon on the same path but on different paths would provide more abilities.

Now that I pre-ordered I am automatically in the remaining beta weekends. I'll probably use the time to perfect an ISBoxer config before release. I am thinking of setting up forward/backwards/strafe on the arrow keys for the companion character. That way I can move them out of the way from telegraphs. Or maybe tie those keys to dodges.

Does dodge use a resource in this game? I know ESO uses stamina to dodge which makes it worthless as you want the stamina for attacks/blocking.

What about the secondary professions (paths)? It would be easier to have each toon on the same path but on different paths would provide more abilities.
    There is a "bonus" beta weekend this weekend..its not on the scheduled, they announced it in the forums. Open beta is soon as well.

I highly recommend you check out the links in my OP ( if you haven't already )..the guy has videos about every feature in the game, and they will get you excited. The double tap dodge has its own resource, you have two charges.. so you can dodge in any direction two times back to back, then you have to wait for the charges to regenerate... 10+ seconds per charge i think. It works a lot like chi roll for monks in WoW, accept you can do it in any direction.

For paths.. i chose soldier paths on all my guys for simplicity sake. They seem to take place right in the mix of the mobs your questing. I have also tried explorer..and if i were to solo.. that's what I would take. Have not tried any others though. Explorer has you go off the beaten path a lot..which is fun..but it has you climbing high cliffs and mountains...and has you using the "double jump" feature a lot..it would be hard to manage more than a few toons i think. Soldier path is all about fighting. But if your in no hurry, i think choosing more than one path would be most beneficial.. but im sure it will slow down your over all progress quit a bit, as each path has a TON of content. IF you have the patience though.. that would be best long term im guessing.

As far as buggyness/performance. They are smashing bugs fast..this last patch added a bunch..as to be expected..they added a a ton of content and a new UI..but they are very active on the forums and seem to address this stuff asap. Thats why they have had a few unscheduled beta weekends.. to make sure they plenty of time testing in high population situations.

My PC is almost 3 years old now. It has 16GB a ram..580gtx 3gb video..2700k i7 etc.. ATM its very hard to run 5 accounts in high pop areas ( everything turned to low ).. i can run 3 fine. I will be upgrading asap.