Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Smile Newly Returned - 5 box - Finished RAF - Guidance! thanks.

Hello all,

I've stalked the boards for a while, some excellent info on here, thanks for sharing. I left wow in 2008 and went over to EQ2 and played there a lot, but recently got bored and came back to WoW and my how things have changed.

I didn't pay much attention to it all at first as I used RAF to make 1 team of 5 to 90, and then 5 more teams to level 85. I need to now level all the 85s to 90 then my leveling work is complete. My personal guild is almost level 20 and will be 25 I imagine by the time I finish all to 90. I have 5 teams on Horde, and 1 team on the same Realm on Ally, together with a second Ally Team of insta-90s ready to go with WoD free boost. 1 Horde Team is Pal/Priest/Mage/Hunter/Hunter and the other 4 are Pally, Priest, Shammy, Mage, Lock. (Thanks BradleyB!)

I'm looking for a bit of advice now on.. what to do? hah - I know it sounds a bit free ranging but here are the key sorts of things I am looking for:

-Where to start with 10 man content from previous expacs - for farming mounts, pets, transmog - maybe if anyone is inclined they might suggest some easy, then intermediate, then tough for me if possible?

-Professions. I'd like to have a interconnected group, where nothing goes to waste - so therefore I was thinking of making sure I have Herb/Mine/Skin/Enchanting/Tailor in each group for dungeons - plus 1 engineer for the various helpful group temp items. Could anyone suggest anything I've missed for group - and also - What would or could I do with the remaining 4 slots per group?

- Are there any 'must not miss' items to make life easier? I recently found a list of tranlocation items such as the Deppholme potion - are there any other things liek these people could perhaps recommend looking into?

- Should I stress too much about MoP content? I mean - I was just thinking that the best thing for me would be to farm TI and get 496 gear for all my toons, and really not worry about catching up as there is the great leveler of WoD coming Soon.TM

Well, thanks in advance for any tips from WoW pro boxers, and happy hunting!

Convert.

P.S If anyone has any tips for leveling 85-90 at a reasonable pace that would skip out on the MoP linear quest lines I'd be very grateful!
    Last edited by wowconvert : 03-31-2014 at 10:34 AM Reason: To add P.S

Blog Entries

I'm impressed with your dedication 6 five man teams at/above 85 during one RAF period is astonishing.

Professions:

Definitely make your tanks be the tailors (and possibly the enchanters as well). Tailors get extra cloth drops only they can see. As for what professions you want extras of, it is probably too soon to tell. Historically you can stack transmute alchemists.

This xpac there was a gating mechanism on almost everything good, making stacking scribes (http://stormspire.net/professions/13...s-1-580-a.html) really good and if you follow that guide I just linked, super cheap to level additional scribes(under 2k) after you have one at 600 that can trade the ink of dreams. Tailors have daily cooldowns, which is nice for making bags but obnoxious this xpac because there is a location requirement for the daily cooldown and lets face it no one is dragging their ass out to the stupid silken fields every day. In terms of gear making you really only need one of each gear-maker, you'd probably never make back the cost of levelling up additional LW or Blacksmiths because the period where their cooldown gear was really valuable was so short.

I wouldn't worry about having a gatherer in each of the groups, except mayyybe skinning, because even out in the world you just aren't going to gather that much unless you are specifically doing a gathering run on a specific toon. In dungeons you'll gather almost nothing.

Raiding/challenges:

In your place I would probably just make a spreadsheet with all of the bosses in each of the raids from WOTLK (25 man difficulty) and Cata (10 man difficulty) and do them in order. I'd also probably try to xp lock an 85 team and see how far I could get at the 85 heroics.

SOO is a great raid. I'd farm that 496 gear and then take a couple of toons through all of the LFR raids just to see the content.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Definitely make your tanks be the tailors (and possibly the enchanters as well). Tailors get extra cloth drops only they can see.
    I don't see the need to make a tank the tailor anymore. With AOE looting, I just have my slaves loot with the main. If there's cloth, the slave picks it up, just like they would with quest drops. Especially now that you can use Jamba Advanced Loot to "Assign" loot to a character, making all other characters leave not just the bonus cloth, but the standard cloth on the corpse. If a corpse still has cloth on it, it'll still show as lootable, so I can just assist/interact with my slaves and the tailor will loot all the cloth.

Enchanting, I don't think it really matters. You can swap all BoP loot among your toons for 2 hours after picking it up, the only thing you can't swap around is quest rewards. Honestly, I don't really like to have any trades on my main that take up a lot of pack space. I need that space for looting. Historically, my healer ends up being my enchanter.

For gathering I like having the ability to get every little bit I can out in the world. It can take a lot of mats to gear up early off, especially if you don't have a stockpile of gold. And whatever I don't use, I can sell. Gathered mats have always been a great way to boost my gold at the start of an expansion. Dungeons may not always have much, but when they do, I want that too. It can add up when you're doing them over and over. Especially with a 25 guild where you can get bonus gathered mats.

I have a little breakdown of professions in the 2nd Newbie's Guide - though I did switch the second alchemist on my main team to a tailor for the extra cloth.

Are there any 'must not miss' items to make life easier? I recently found a list of tranlocation items such as the Deppholme potion - are there any other things liek these people could perhaps recommend looking into?
    There's not a whole lot of translocation stuff. There's not too much need for it, really. It's pretty easy to portal-hop, especially if you've got a mage, or summon with a warlock. Many of the rare spawn mobs in MoP have some neat, toys, though. There's also some rare discoveries that reward nice toys, like bind to BattleNet gear.

Should I stress too much about MoP content? I mean - I was just thinking that the best thing for me would be to farm TI and get 496 gear for all my toons, and really not worry about catching up as there is the great leveler of WoD coming Soon.TM
    We're looking at 6+ months before we see the expansion. They say "fall" but it's "fall" until the middle of December, so... I wouldn't kill myself gearing up, but you're going to have a fair amount of time to kill waiting for something new.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Thanks for taking time to reply! -

Heya Lux! That stormspire site looks interesting! And yes, I did make 1 tailor which has been living in silken fields at level 85... I can see how that would become a pain with 10 tailors hahah. I really didn't think of the BS/LW thing, that of course the window is short for the gear. I mean, I like making any MMO gold for buying the fun stuff - but having multiple BS/LW just to churn gear at expac starts might be a waste of time, given that I'm going to be pretty damn busy just doing raids and such with 7 teams. I did consider the alchemist stack, but was more thinking of making multiple engineers which the alchs would feed with living steel for mounts. I guess with the gathering profs I was harking back to when I last played in 2008 - I really liked gathering in the dungeons because there were often Bosses that one could harvest for slightly more rare drops.

Ah yes, spreadsheets - now I'm not so scared of those now, in fact I know how to make a rudimentary one lol. That sound like a good plan - but could you explain why I would want to lock and do level 85 heroics please? Would it be so I could utilise the Dungeon Finder for ease of travel? Thanks. And by SOO do you mean that I could 5 man the 10 man version in timeless isle gear? Thanks!

Hiya Khat! Thanks for the reply - I have enjoyed ready your guides part 1 and 2 for new boxers - I must admit I haven't utilised much of the great info yet as I find it all very daunting! I did vaguely understand the oneclick loot/skin/mine/herb button - that is definitely something I am going to try to get set up. I now need to read and start to use Jamba - it looks great, but again, as someone who missed IT at school - daunting!

As for the enchanting tips - I was thinking that if I had a lot of enchanters + the bigger bags perk from my guild then quest rewards would really turn me up some profit as I could DE rather than vendor? Also as you put it It can take a lot of mats to gear up early off, especially if you don't have a stockpile of gold. This IS me after making all my characters I then see I need around 10k per each one just for flying fast, so I'll definitely be looking at picking the bones of everything.

I also found a very cool youtube from MiRai whom I've seen posting alot on here too with a nice click to heal explanation - and as I use ISBoxer that is perfect. I saw at the time there are a lot videos these too, so plenty more for me to have a look at!

I've used wowlazymacros for some simple but pretty effective 1 button spam set ups, together with holes in the various toon hotbars and click through from IS for CDs, special heals, emergency buttons, and also the very kindly shared info from BradleyB on priest mage and pally set ups, which was really helpful.

Very glad I found this community to come bother as it can get quite lonely in game as a multiboxer! haha nice to know there are other players as obsessive (and more) as

Hey Convert! I'm in a similar situation to you, though a month or so behind.
    I'm working on my 4th team at the moment, planning on 6, and have til mid-may on my RAF - so it should be attainable, especially with the upcoming long weekend!

I am doing all different teams tho, I will ultimately have at least one character of each class/role combination (except probably melee dps druid and dps DK).
    Idea being that I can then mix and match my team with whatever tank, healer, DPS setup I want. (you can see what I mean in my forum sig)

I am also going to try to get them all geared on TI, I think at level 88 or 89 with a 5 man team it should be easy enough to grind the weaker mobs for epic drops.

You've given me some good ideas about professions, which is something I haven't given a lot of thought to at this stage.

I don't think it's remotely possible to 5 man SOO at this stage, you'd probably just want to take a toon or 2 at a time in there in LFR and see what it's like.
    I have a toon I play solo, so I raid on that one - I'm way more into just seeing those areas and bosses than really trying to gear up in them. (though the loot is always a bonus!)

Sounds like, at least for my RAF period, I am at least as obsessive as you are. lol

Have fun!

~Olz
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

Enchanting on all characters is nice if you plan on demolishing LFR each week on 5 characters, otherwise just do what has been suggested -- slap it on a healer or someone, I don't find the ring enchants THAT useful (I've not really done any other professions lol, enchanting made me too much gold).

As mentioned before, definitely aim for MoP LFR content at minumum, it's enjoyable.