Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14

Quote Originally Posted by Arturius View Post
    What are yall's thoughts on this idea? Could it work?
    G510s?

I want to use the software... My hardware question was should i use a hardware multiplexer for the sole purpose of hooking up a couple of xtra numberpad style gaming keyboards (just the small ones with 10-12 keys) in order to operate my healz/dps toons when I have to separate them do to boss mechanics.

Example: for the most part I would just run around in a tight group using my main keyboard for all my toons la de da.... then bam! boss fight... I separate my toons and use the separate 10-12key keypads to operate the dps and heals (mainly their procs and mostly just for emergencies).

I just don't see the benefit of moving your hands off and away from your primary input device, where all of your key binds should be within fingers reach, just so you can now be burdened with moving your hands entirely between multiple input devices where the probability of fat fingering a key press is going to be increased ten fold.

You're more than welcomed to try it, but that just doesn't sound efficient to me because one of the main reasons to use software is to help eliminate the need for multiple input devices.

in order to operate my healz/dps toons when I have to separate them do to boss mechanics

Check this out for healing

I separate my toons and use the separate 10-12key keypads
    For secondary controlers
    Last edited by JackBurton : 03-17-2014 at 06:48 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Example: for the most part I would just run around in a tight group using my main keyboard for all my toons la de da.... then bam! boss fight... I separate my toons and use the separate 10-12key keypads to operate the dps and heals (mainly their procs and mostly just for emergencies).

I agree with MiRai, adding components just increases the amount of micromanagement you're forced to do and thus the amount of things that can go wrong. Take a look at some of the how-to guides listed under the different software tools here. The include things like how to manage healing, procs and cooldowns via the software. You can also look through Multiboxing Vol. 2 for more tips on dealing with micromanagement aspects within the game or software.

You should also look through the Macros collection to see how people are managing "rotations" and procs via their macro configs.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _