Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Follower out of sync

I am currently playing 2 characters, warrior and a pally and I have noticed something weird. When playing as the warrior and the pally following, the pally seems to lag way behind when following. Sometimes if i jump off a ledge, i see the pallys hp bar drop before he hits the ground. When i swap windows to the pally he is practically stepping on my warrior's heels because he has a faster run speed and is in perfect sync. How is it that the 2 clients can be so off from each other?

Included screens for reference:

Warrior perspective and pally way behind

Pally perspective

Hi,

Are you using IsBoxer? Do you have slaves running at a different FPS than the master?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Hi,

Are you using IsBoxer? Do you have slaves running at a different FPS than the master?
    No using Hotkeynet, and both clients are 60 fps and nearly the same latency.

edit: i may have solved it, i had the 2nd client set to 30 fps while in the background. I'll test it after i get back from work.
    Last edited by PaleBoy : 03-07-2014 at 04:37 PM

The slave is showing 30 and the master 60 on your screenshots.

The way you describe hitpoints updating on your warriors screen before they shown on your pally sounds like its just the FPS issue. I imagine you're losing follow alot just on that toon as well?

Go into your wow folder, utils folder and delete wowbrowserproxy.. it's the in game support web, it may help. It will re-appear whenever a patch goes on or update.

I run my main window on high/Ultra but turn of stuff like shadows.. on the followers I have a diff wow folder with lower settings.

30fps vs 60fps should have ZERO bearing on lag except to make it better. I ran all 4 slaves at 12fps with main at 60 on my team; never had an issue. Remember that if you're on a 100ms connection, that means it will be at least half a second before something your main does shows up on your alt's screen. Plus another 200ms for your alt to do anything and then another 200ms for your main to see what your alt did. So, from pressing your <move_forward> button on your main to your main seeing your alt move is gonna be around 800ms, or very nearly a second. And that does NOT include server lag or graphics lag or anything like that.

In soviet Russia, expectations set YOU!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    30fps vs 60fps should have ZERO bearing on lag except to make it better. I ran all 4 slaves at 12fps with main at 60 on my team; never had an issue. Remember that if you're on a 100ms connection, that means it will be at least half a second before something your main does shows up on your alt's screen. Plus another 200ms for your alt to do anything and then another 200ms for your main to see what your alt did. So, from pressing your <move_forward> button on your main to your main seeing your alt move is gonna be around 800ms, or very nearly a second. And that does NOT include server lag or graphics lag or anything like that.

In soviet Russia, expectations set YOU!
    Well see thats the weird thing, all the spells go off instantly, there is never a delay with anything...except with how he follows. Today was the first time i noticed anything other than that to be off.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleBoy View Post
    Well see thats the weird thing, all the spells go off instantly, there is never a delay with anything...except with how he follows. Today was the first time i noticed anything other than that to be off.
    That's correct. Because spells initiate at the same instant on both clients via out-of-app keystrokes. Follow is a client-server-client-server-client chain. Make sense?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    That's correct. Because spells initiate at the same instant on both clients via out-of-app keystrokes. Follow is a client-server-client-server-client chain. Make sense?
    yea, guess ill just have to deal with it. Its not a huge deal.

He said swapping windows fixed the problem, only bad when warrior in foreground and pali in background. So addon loaded on that toon only causing the lag?