Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Multiboxing EVE using free m-box software...possible?

Coming back after a year or 2 break and seriously cannot afford ISBoxer subscription [sad as that may be]. Before I get my hopes up too much, and/or, start screwing around with the free m-box softwares...is it even possible?

I'd like to run 5 clients, with 4 clients each using a 1/4 of my second monitor and all running off a single EVE installation with symbolic links to separate client cache. Google presented me with 2 free options, EVE-Launcher and HotKeyNet.

I've tried EVE-Launcher with 3 clients, and it sort-of works, in that it allows me to launch three clients. But there's no client cache separation and I have to reposition each window manually after launch, even with EVE-Launcher pointing to symbolic link directories for each client. Also, I'm limited to the minimum EVE client resolution using EVE-Launcher, which is much greater than 1/4 of my second monitor's screen-estate.

I'm reasonably certain I can figure out how to get HotKeyNet [HKN] to do what I want...if that is even possible. I found a single topic regarding HKN and EVE where the OP wanted to do something very similar and the OP ran into problems with HKN renaming the same EVE window repeatedly. HKN's author mentioned a fix for this included in HKN2 and the OP posted a final script that looks like the second monitor was abandoned in favor a a single monitor using PiP for the background clients. OP's final script also requires a full EVE install for each client. I could also find nothing related to further versions of HKN and EVE.

I doubt I'm the first to attempt this, so I'd like to know if it's possible before I start pulling out my hair and cursing at the computer. Thanks for any/all replies.

edit: I know ISBoxer is the defacto solution. When I boxed EVE previously, I used ISBoxer with great success. Having an extremely limited income has forced me to seek alternative boxing software solutions.
    Last edited by kenphillips : 02-28-2014 at 04:00 PM

Just want to point out that it's dirt easy with ISBoxer -- I have exactly the layout you're talking about. And are you aware that you can buy 3-month blocks of ISBoxer time? The same cost as a one-month Eve sub...

You could probably do it with hotkeynet, but your results will not be nearly as good, or as easy to set up.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

OK. Spent some time researching those free programs listed in the Newb's Guide to Boxing sticky. Most of those listed are no longer available. Boils down to HKN [not HKN2 or Mojo] for window resizing or using a paid service. Hopefully, I can get HKN to work.

Haha. Researching which free window-management progs were available sparked a memory of me using Keyclone way, way back when I first started boxing. Turns out I had bought the software and the code was still applicable. It isn't pretty, and it has to be setup just so but, it works and that's all that really matters. Windows switching is pretty quick too and should suffice my needs for missioning/mining.

However, and I hope ppl are still looking at this thread, I still can't seem to get cache separation when using symbolic links. I've got EVE's launcher setup to close after login and I've got each account in keyclone pointing to a different link. But each launcher is displaying the same list of eve usernames and each client is loading with the same video settings as the last client launched...based on my previous EVE knowledge, this means the cache is being shared. Right now, it's not so much of an issue, but when I start manipulating overviews based on character roles...I'd kinda like to not have to set that up every time. Any advice on what to do or did the cache system change? Ideally, I'd like to have independent video settings as well as overview.
    Last edited by kenphillips : 03-03-2014 at 12:01 AM

Try this program:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...g=posts&t=8660

It's sorta old and isn't updated anymore, but it has some of the basic funcitonality of isboxer and can do a sorta wannabe dashboard setup for some stuff.

Probably worth looking into, but lacks some of the hardware management of isboxer etc etc.

Or this:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=246157