Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 18 of 18

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    But, I think Svpernova said it best in a different thread about new multiboxing software:
    -Easy to use and to setup. -> definitely
    -Instant PiP swap and accurate mouse broadcasting -> I think a 1s PiP swap delay is acceptable for WoW (i.e. the hotkeynet one), but accurate mousebroadcasting is imo far more important
    -Keymap / Hotkey configuration -> iirc the keyclone way could be enough for most people
    -Possibly network support -> not sure how many people would need this
    -Macro support -> I have no idea how many use a build in macro system vs the ingame ones

I don't think sitting entire days on forums and on irc is a real requirement for a product to be successful. If a new open source tool becomes widely used, the community itself will offer more than enough support (e.g. hotkeynet). Besides, isboxer is incredibly powerful and the only thing it can't do is doing your dishes. My guess is that most multiboxers only use a fraction of the isboxer features, and in order for an open source tool to be successful I believe that covering the most used features would be enough. Point being, with less features (complexity) there is less need for support, and none will expect the same levels of support for a free tool that isboxer gives.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

ISboxer is feature rich but it doesn't do everything. Jafula has been brainstorming up new features for Jamba continuously. More plugin or supplemental programs for isboxer would be nice. Similar to the synergy Jamba has with ISboxer. For example isboxer doesn't check the proper syntax of wow macros you load in it. I spent just as much time programming/troubleshooting isboxer than i did playing wow.

Here is an example of a tool used to help people troubleshoot isboxer
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Blog Entries

My only issues with ISboxer are more interface driven. There should be a native graphical keyboard that pops up and shows you what keybinds are pointing at what keymaps and macros. Honestly more gui in the interface in general, rather than endless trees drops. I'd also like it if either of my hardware special keys were supported (corsair vengeance keyboard, razer naga mouse).

It occurs to me that neither of these things are things i'm really requesting in a NEW software, I just want my old software to do it!

I also want a way to dynamically load macro sets like I have for key maps, for true character swapping on the fly capabilities.

Does anyone know what features Lax is working on right now? I'm still learning how to use menus.

InnerSpace is the tool, IsBoxer is a GUI to create the xml that InnerSpace uses. Since they are separate Lax could if he wanted let anyone create a GUI for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    My only issues with ISboxer are more interface driven. There should be a native graphical keyboard that pops up and shows you what keybinds are pointing at what keymaps and macros. Honestly more gui in the interface in general, rather than endless trees drops. I'd also like it if either of my hardware special keys were supported (corsair vengeance keyboard, razer naga mouse). It occurs to me that neither of these things are things i'm really requesting in a NEW software, I just want my old software to do it! I also want a way to dynamically load macro sets like I have for key maps, for true character swapping on the fly capabilities. Does anyone know what features Lax is working on right now? I'm still learning how to use menus.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    Makes me recall what i heard years ago on vent. Oathbreaker was pretty angry. He is the author of isboxer's competitor keyclone. He contributed alot to the community. He's the author of oque the premades addon. He also made the incredibly useful l omail addon.
    It has been Rob, not Oath, who invented all this stuff.

Rob aka Tinymasher/etc. is the author of Keyclone/oQueue/oMail and probably other stuff.

Oathbreaker is the GM of the original big multiboxing guild: The Zerg on Magtheridon. (or he was last time I played)
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Default hey

>_> We don't just ban people here because they disagree with something or make a snide comment. If that was the case this would have been empty long ago. The point of the last statement of my prior post was because this thread could easily go offtrack.

It's also written in old forum threads.

It'd be great if someone would come along with a fancy product and light a fire under Lax's ass to get the next generation of software out.

But, I think Svpernova said it best in a different thread about new multiboxing software:

That's why my first post in this thread was cautious, but at the same time AHK can do lots of bad things and if you just follow the rules of the game you're playing all should be well.

i was wondering if theres a way to make this work with eq2 im new to autit and this would be perfect for me. im just unsure how to get it to work with eq2. thnx!

Quote Originally Posted by tabby83 View Post
    >_> We don't just ban people here because they disagree with something or make a snide comment. If that was the case this would have been empty long ago. The point of the last statement of my prior post was because this thread could easily go offtrack.

It's also written in old forum threads.

It'd be great if someone would come along with a fancy product and light a fire under Lax's ass to get the next generation of software out.

That's why my first post in this thread was cautious, but at the same time AHK can do lots of bad things and if you just follow the rules of the game you're playing all should be well.

i was wondering if theres a way to make this work with eq2 im new to autit and this would be perfect for me. im just unsure how to get it to work with eq2. thnx!
    Why you decided to quote my general reply to JackBurton boggles my mind; but if you quoted my text to ask me the question directly, then my answer is... I didn't write the tool, I don't play EQ2, and I have no idea.