Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default Multiboxing tool written in AutoIt.

Anyone care to try out my multiboxing script?

Download:
    Quinbox v1.2b

Source:
    http://textuploader.com/1fj5

Readme.txt
    Code:
    Quinbox v1.2b
    =============
    Quinbox is an application created to send keystrokes from the keyboard to multiple instances of the mmorpg game "World of Warcraft".

Quinbox v1.2b Requirements
    ==========================
    Windows XP or later.
    To run/edit the source file (Quinbox v1.2b.au3), "Autoit v3" is needed.

Using Quinbox
    =============
    1. You must have 2 macros set for all instances of World of Warcraft but your main character. (See macros needed below).
    2. Run Quinbox v1.2b.exe or Quinbox v1.2b.au3 found in the source folder, and follow instructions.
    3. Press 'END' on your keyboard to exit Quinbox.

How to create macros in World of Warcraft
    ========================================
    1. When in game, press escape.
    2. Select "Macros" from the World of Warcraft menu.
    3. Select "New" and name it what ever you want, pick an icon of your choice and press "Okay".
    4. Copy and paste the macro commands in to the "Enter Macro Commands" field.

- Macro Commands to copy and paste:

/follow < your main characters name goes here, without the "<>" >
    /assist < your main characters name goes here, without the "<>" >

5. Now, select "Save" and drag the icon of the macro you just created down to your action bar. It must be placed at the spot where "0" on your keyboard can activate it.
    6. Do this one more time, only with this next macro. And place it at the spot where "9" on your keyboard can activate it.

- Macro Command to copy and paste:

/assist < your main characters name goes here, without the "<>" >

Keys that broadcast
    ===================
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, B, C, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, R, T, U, V, X, Y, Z, SPACE BAR
    The keys A, S, D, W, Q and E are movement keys, and are not used by Quinbox. (Reason being, it requires a more complex way of broadcasting for characters to stay in sync).

Change log
    ==========
    v1.0b
    . N/A

v1.1b
    . Now creates Config.ini if not found.
    . Added a "Config" button and a "Config reset" button to the GUI
    . Broadcasted keys now have a 70 millisecond delay. Makes for a smoother broadcast.
    . No longer broadcasts keys when not in main window.
    . Minor cosmetic changes.

v1.2b
    . Major cleanup in the code.
    . Minor cosmetic changes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    For bug report, contact me at bjornutenb@gmail.com
    Last edited by jrnz0r : 12-16-2014 at 11:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jrnz0r View Post
    Anyone care to try out my multiboxing script?
    Who are you? Why should people want to try your script? Perhaps introduce yourself to the community rather than show up with an AutoIt script download that no one knows if they can trust?

I can't read the script, but AutoIt is named what it's named because it's used for... wait for it... automation. Does your script contain any code that Blizzard would define as automation that goes against the rules of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Who are you? Why should people want to try your script? Perhaps introduce yourself to the community rather than show up with an AutoIt script download that no one knows if they can trust?

I can't read the script, but AutoIt is named what it's named because it's used for... wait for it... automation. Does your script contain any code that Blizzard would define as automation that goes against the rules of the game?
    Well. There is not much to say about me, other than that im a some what regular guy who likes to play world of warcraft, and just recently started multiboxing.. So i thought, why not try to write a program in an easy language. I picked autoit because of its ease of use and its community. Im basically looking for some feedback to improve my script. There is nothing my script can do, that other multiboxing tools can't do. So im guessing its ok as far blizzard is concerned. Hope that helps, and thanks for the reply

Why start yet another multiboxing tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Palee View Post
    Why start yet another multiboxing tool?
    eh, why not start another? The more young people building things on their own the better. Plus it seems like he explained the why really well already.

But in any case my point is moot. It will be a tough sell to convince people to try it, because of the unmentionable things people do with that scripting language.

I'd like to add to what johngabriel stated: now the only real free alternative is hotkeynet, and the development there - how excellent it may be - is frozen. Mojo was imo a very promising alternative that unfortunately never matured. If you know what an opensource tool like open broadcaster software did for the streaming market (and kicked xsplit its butt), I genuinely believe that 1 commercial software (isboxer) owning such a big chunk of the multiboxing market ain't a healthy situation. Any attempt to create competition should be applauded imo, even more when the source code is available.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Makes me recall what i heard years ago on vent. Oathbreaker was pretty angry. He is the author of isboxer's competitor keyclone. He contributed alot to the community. He's the author of oque the premades addon. He also made the incredibly useful l omail addon. He said that after Lax took over dual-boxing.com he took steps to deny competitors a foothold there.
    Last edited by JackBurton : 03-01-2014 at 11:26 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    Makes me recall what i heard years ago on vent. Oathbreaker was pretty angry. He is the author of isboxer's competitor keyclone. He contributed alot to the community. He's the author of oque the premades addon. He also made the incredibly useful l omail addon.
    Uhhh... I'm pretty sure Keyclone/Rob/Tinymasher is the author of both Keyclone and oQueue, not Oathbreaker.

He said that after Lax took over dual-boxing.com he took steps to deny competitors a foothold there.
    Is that what Rob's been telling everyone? You can read about Lax's elaborate plan to "deny competitors a foothold here" () and all the drama here:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...-and-community!

To everyone, I'd recommend not turning this thread into something besides a thread about a new multiboxing tool/script.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    To everyone, I'd recommend not turning this thread into something besides a thread about a new multiboxing tool/script.
    ok, I don't want to get ban hammered.

“History is written by the victors.”
    Winston Churchill
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-02-2014 at 03:11 AM Reason: color removed - unreadable
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

ok, I don't want to get ban hammered.
    >_> We don't just ban people here because they disagree with something or make a snide comment. If that was the case this would have been empty long ago. The point of the last statement of my prior post was because this thread could easily go offtrack.

“History is written by the victors.”
    Winston Churchill
    It's also written in old forum threads.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    eh, why not start another? The more young people building things on their own the better. Plus it seems like he explained the why really well already.
    It'd be great if someone would come along with a fancy product and light a fire under Lax's ass to get the next generation of software out.

But, I think Svpernova said it best in a different thread about new multiboxing software:
    Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    To be a serious contender in the software area here's a list of absolute minimums

Easy to use
    Easy to setup
    Instant PiP swap
    Networkable
    Keymap / Hotkey configuration
    Easy drop in macro creation

Sit in IRC all day and answer questions about your product.
    Sit on a forum all day and answer questions about your product.

It would be nice to see all this in a free product, GL.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    But in any case my point is moot. It will be a tough sell to convince people to try it, because of the unmentionable things people do with that scripting language.
    That's why my first post in this thread was cautious, but at the same time AHK can do lots of bad things and if you just follow the rules of the game you're playing all should be well.