Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Shammys and IWT/CTM

Hi all -

I've been a boxer for many years and am putting together a 10-man raiding team to try out boxed Raiding. I had some 85 shimmy's laying around an want to level those and get them to Timeless Isle to get ready for Flex but I'm having a problem that I think will impact me later - my Shammy's are running to the Target on IWT and CTM. My Hunter is fine - he stays in place and shoots/casts. Same for Mages and Locks and Priests. My non-tank DK's run to the target fine, as expected, but I'm trying to minimize the number of melee char's.

Is this something specific Shammy's (since they have a melee wep)? I have one Resto and one Ele and don't want them to melee ever unless I place them next to the tank. I remember something about this when IWT was changed a year or two ago but can't find an article for the life of me.

Any suggestions appreciated!

if you want your ranged to stop but your melee's to run in you can do that with isboxer but you have to do alot more tweaking and trial and error.

i think i wrote something like this before. see here for details.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

When the IWT/CTM functionality was first introduced back in Wrath, it made every class run up to the target. After Cataclysm launched and certain classes lost their "ranged" slot, those classes now act differently when using IWT/CTM with them. Seeing as Shaman didn't lose a ranged slot in Cataclysm, they still act like they originally did.

The only way to stop any type of 'beeline' movement (Follow, IWT/CTM, etc) is to press a movement key, a channeled spell, or a melee attack.

Edit in bold.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-23-2014 at 04:10 PM Reason: Clarification

found something else related here
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...ep-or-two-step
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"