Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default SWTOR Downloading

New to multi boxing just got it today went thru the quick guide and wanted to try it out but when i when i go to launch my team it wants to redownload SWTOR which is about 11GB and its taking for ever is it suppose to do this is there away to speed this up or am i doing something wrong please help.

Well, nothing is going to make the game download any faster besides your connection their servers, but to be entirely clear, the game is not being re-downloaded, it's being completely downloaded. SWTOR utilizes a streaming program called BitRaider, which isn't compatible with Inner Space. So, when you shut off BitRaider (which is what Inner Space does), the entire game will then need to be downloaded onto your computer before you're able to play.

But i already have the game downloaded and installed? it like wanting to download it again when doing it thru inner space?

Quote Originally Posted by GoofySGB View Post
    But i already have the game downloaded and installed? it like wanting to download it again when doing it thru inner space?
    You're not the first person to ever ask about this and you won't be the last, but it always seems like everyone who posts about this wants to argue about whether their game is fully downloaded or not. I can, with almost 100% certainty, guarantee the game isn't fully downloaded because it uses the streaming service BitRaider. There's nothing else I can tell you except to just let the game download the full 30GB onto your hard drive and then you can play through Inner Space.

Can turn off the damned thing this way

Go to your games install directory and find the launcher.settings file and open it in notepad.

Change the line "bitraider_disable": false to "bitraider_disable": true

and the line "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }" to "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

Has worked for me every time I've come back since the institution of Bitraider

Ahem, necro...this caught me again. For sure it looks downloaded but then disabling BitRaider and it keeps going. Thanks for the instructions Tauntworth.

Thought I would take a look what is new and the just detailed storyline expansion sounds good.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    You're not the first person to ever ask about this and you won't be the last, but it always seems like everyone who posts about this wants to argue about whether their game is fully downloaded or not. I can, with almost 100% certainty, guarantee the game isn't fully downloaded because it uses the streaming service BitRaider. There's nothing else I can tell you except to just let the game download the full 30GB onto your hard drive and then you can play through Inner Space.
    +1 to this. It's a nice feature Bioware offers to save on drive space, but with HDDs surpassing 1T and SSDs rapidly following, it seems a little unnecessary to use BitRaider.

Many of these downloading services are to allow people to experience the game as fast as possible, not to save drive space. EQ2, WoW, TOR and others use this to catch potential customers at the spur of the moment. If someone is watching a Twitch stream and says, "That looks cool" but has to wait four to fourteen hours for the download to finish, the opportunity is lost. They are off to bed, or the next day and at work--with a good chance of not being interested. That's even if they let it download as most will just hit that cancel button when they see their weekend will be over before they can play.