Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default How to enable click broadcasting with the green standard menu bar

I apologize if the answer is obvious and I'm just missing it. I'm using the ISboxer 7 day trial, and am considering just sticking with it, but it's also the first time I've ever dual boxed. I've searched and googled and haven't been able to find an answer. I'm running 2 WoW accounts on one computer.

I saw in a video that Mirai did where he was clicking on the green boxes, and it was broadcasting actions that way. I don't think it was just using mouse broadcasting with the action bars all in the exact same place, it looked like it broadcasted the same as pressing the key on the keyboard. At first I couldn't click anything on the bars that the green boxes were over, but dug through, found something called click through, and now I can at least do that. But it only activates the ability on the main character, and not the slave. I did change the standard menu to be 2x12, but this was an issue before that.

If this is possible, I need to be able to do it. I often play at night in a dark room (people sleeping) and my hands sometimes get lost on the keys. It would be much easier in that situation to just click.

Does anyone know of a video or very easy/clear walkthrough to help with this? Or know how to change it?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbunny View Post
    I saw in a video that Mirai did where he was clicking on the green boxes, and it was broadcasting actions that way. I don't think it was just using mouse broadcasting with the action bars all in the exact same place, it looked like it broadcasted the same as pressing the key on the keyboard.
    The default Menu (AKA the "green boxes") is meant to broadcast an MMORPG's default action bar key bindings of 1 through =. There was no mouse broadcasting involved in the video you watched (which was most likely this one) because you can't click on Menus or Click Bars with the fake cursor that Inner Space provides.

At first I couldn't click anything on the bars that the green boxes were over, but dug through, found something called click through, and now I can at least do that. But it only activates the ability on the main character, and not the slave.
    ISBoxer doesn't know what's on your action bar or what's underneath the default Menu and, like I said before, it is meant to broadcast 1 through = with an added assist. The fact that it's normally placed over your action bars is so that players get visual feedback when they're pressing those keys on their keyboard (or clicking the buttons), but by enabling the click-through option you've essentially rendered the default Menu useless for clicking and I suggest you disable that if you want it to be able to click on it.

If you need to change out what's on your in-game action bars then you'll need to either move them out of the way or create your own Menu action to toggle them on and off (or I guess you can make them able to be clicked through temporarily). Unfortunately, there is currently no less tedious way to go about altering your in-game action bar layout.

I did change the standard menu to be 2x12, but this was an issue before that. Does anyone know of a video or very easy/clear walkthrough to help with this? Or know how to change it?
    If you added more buttons, but didn't give them hotkeys, then they're not going to do anything. Lax has a video that shows how to add more buttons.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
    From reading your post I'm not entirely sure what isn't working, but I'll assume that the default Menu is not. You don't mention whether assist or follow are working or not, so you should probably start here and move down the checklist to make sure that they are. If both assist and follow are indeed functioning correctly, then there is little reason why the default Menu would not, but if that is the case, then you'll need to share your config and be specific as to what you're doing and what isn't happening.

I really didn't expect a direct response from you. That was happily surprising. I love the videos from you that I've watched. The one that explains about the window displays was very helpful. Thank you
    You're absolutely right about which video I was referencing. The part in particular I was speaking of was around the 50 second mark.

I apologize for not being more specific. You deciphered it pretty well regardless. To start, I could not click on anything under the standard menu grid at all (After using the set up wizard). It acted as a wall of frustrating prevention to those buttons and abilities, and I could only use the keyboard for activation at that point. That's when I turned on click thru. It still was not broadcasting clicking at that point, but at least I could get to them without moving the standard menu bar.

I watched the video by Lax, and it was very helpful. He kind of lost me at the "attaching" the menu part, but I thought I had figured it out. Now we have this:
    Follow and assist have always worked fine, and continue to work.
    I can now use clicking on the 1- = menu bar, and it broadcasts perfectly. Yay!
    New problem: The alt-key set gives my master character an "invalid target" error, although the slave fires the ability off fine.
    If I click the alt bar, it uses the ability below it - Specifically, Disengage (which should be alt-) does Mend Pet (-) for example.

Going down the list you linked, we have:
    1. Done. I followed along a set up video by Lax to do this.
    2. Everything launches fine. I have never turned off key maps to put in my account names and passwords, and nothing gets mangled. I only make sure the key broadcast (I've assigned to ` or the tilde key) is off.
    3. Done.
    4. Again, I've never turned key maps off. I type in chat just fine with them on. Although I'll type in chat with key broadcasting on sometimes for a creepy twins from the Shining effect.
    5. I invite using Jamba. I originally started out with Hotkeynet and Jamba, so I still use Jamba for auto follow after combat and invites.
    6. I use Alt F for follow, works fine.

Here is how everything is configured as of right now: http://www.privatepaste.com/437b6667d8

I'm afraid to change anything else at this point without help, at least until I become more comfortable and familiar with everything. I do not want to accidentally screw everything up.

I apologize again if this is becoming tedious. It's been less than a week since I started multiboxing at all, and it's all brand new.

I really didn't expect a direct response from you. That was happily surprising. I love the videos from you that I've watched. The one that explains about the window displays was very helpful. Thank you
    No problem.

To start, I could not click on anything under the standard menu grid at all (After using the set up wizard). It acted as a wall of frustrating prevention to those buttons and abilities, and I could only use the keyboard for activation at that point. That's when I turned on click thru. It still was not broadcasting clicking at that point, but at least I could get to them without moving the standard menu bar.
    Again, the default Menu is there for two reasons: 1) To act as a visual aid for players that want to place them over their action bars, and 2) To allow players who play by clicking with their mouse the option to continue to play that way rather than forcing them to learn how to key bind and use the keyboard.

The default Menu is literally just a row of buttons that you can click on which send keys (or a combination of keys) to all of your game clients. The Menu has no idea what's actually on your action bars and does not broadcast the mouse clicks to each of your clients -- You could literally place it on top of your minimap and it's going to do the exact same thing as if they were over your action bars.

I watched the video by Lax, and it was very helpful. He kind of lost me at the "attaching" the menu part, but I thought I had figured it out. Now we have this:
    Follow and assist have always worked fine, and continue to work.
    I can now use clicking on the 1- = menu bar, and it broadcasts perfectly. Yay!
    New problem: The alt-key set gives my master character an "invalid target" error, although the slave fires the ability off fine.
    If I click the alt bar, it uses the ability below it - Specifically, Disengage (which should be alt-) does Mend Pet (-) for example.
    Everything in your profile looks perfectly fine, so if you can press ALT+- on your keyboard (when your Key Maps are enabled) and the correct things happen, then the Standard Menu 2, as you have it set up, is doing the same thing.

Everything is working great now. The last issue I was having was a pure PEBCAK moment.

Thank you for all your help and patience