Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 41

Default Anyone Left Out there?

Any SWToR multiboxers actually left out there? Seems like multiboxing in SWToR is something most people don't do due to the learning curve.

I'm here. Currently 4-boxing.

It's a semi-steep learning curve, but once you understand how to set up your classes, adding more classes is a breeze. My two issues I've never been able to really solve to my satisfaction have been AOE's and channeled abilities. I'm in the habit of spamming my DPS keys and that usually doesn't mesh well with channeling. Thankfully I rarely miss it anymore as my group does fantastic damage without those abilities.

Right now though, I'm mainly doing dailies to build up credits for the other groups I'm trying to level.

I stopped boxing SWToR and moved on when they took away the Australian servers
    I found SWToR doesn't box well with a high ping. EQ2 on the other hand is just fine.

Had a lot of fun duoing though.

I never worked out a good technique for the ground click AOE's which was a shame as they would have been very useful. Boxing I generally build my teams around good AOEers, I just love the chaos and destruction

I did build in waits for the channelled abilities (remove from ATG for specified time) but didn't bother using them much. Once you get in to the levels there are enough abilities that I hardly ever reached the end of the rotation.
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

The only AOE that I ever got working well was the AOE heal ability of my sage. Mainly because I could drop it at her feet. If needed while fighting, I'd pull her in (using Follow) and click the "AOE Heal" button I made. The next mouse click would be sent to her screen so all I had to do was click the bottom of my screen (right above the default hotbars). She'd heal the group then, but the downside was if we were getting hit with an AOE attack she would too. 99% of the time though it's not an issue.

TOR was the best massivley multi-player online single player game I've played. What utterly pissed me off was after spending $60 on the game and the monthly fee for 6 months, they had the nerve to make it free to play and took away everything I had paid for.

Want to take off that dumb helmet? Pay us.
    Want to access your full bank? Pay us.
    Want your hotbars back? Pay us.
    Want to do your space missions? Pay us.

Umm... I did pay you. I paid a lot.

I received this email today after being told in game that multiboxing was against the rules so I put a ticket in asking them.

From: Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service (support@swtor.com) This sender is in your safe list.
    Sent: 10 January 2014 16:21:25
    To:

Dear Lee,

Thank you for contacting Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service. I have responded to your query in-game and, for your convenience I have included a summary of the response below in case you are unable to access the in-game mail at the moment. Please note – at times, cases and responses from Customer Support may appear blank in the in-game help portal. If you have accessed your case and are unable to see a response from us, please respond to this mail and myself or a colleague will respond as soon as possible.

Sorry for the wait. We are really busy at the moment, trying to catch up on the numerous tickets created during the holidays.

Multiboxing is forbidden by our terms of service.

To check back on any details of the case, you can do so at any time by logging into the game on any of your characters and opening the Help Centre. All cases you have submitted will be listed in the Request Help section, alongside the response from us. All cases are set to resolved once a response has been sent however if you would like to discuss this case further, you can do so by replying to this email or creating a new case in-game.

As always, at BioWare and EA, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. We're always interested in hearing back from you, the player, about your experience with our Game Advisors so that we can improve our service to you.

We would appreciate it if you could take the time to fill out a short survey about your most recent support experience with us. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you may have as we're committed to making sure you always have a personal and positive connection to our game, our people, and our community.

Please click here to begin:

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Regards,

Virginie

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

I had to submit two tickets as the first one they gave me a copy and paste answer about using the suggestion forums for any ideas I would like in the game. And this was the response to me asking in game directly is I was able to multibox swtor with ISBoxer.

Screenshot_2014-01-10_17_49_58_163865.jpg

Anyone else been told this .?

Holy crap, i never encountered that. i thought they were okay with multiboxing. i've never been asked or bothered by any gm in game. if this is true, they've lost a long time bioware fan. I'll cut my losses and never come back to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranny817 View Post

Multiboxing is forbidden by our terms of service.
    I never got that and boxed for 4-5 months.
    I think people have had that response before but once they pressed the case it was decided by higher-ups that boxing was allowed but you just couldn't use external macros and one key press had to correspond to one key press in game. For example pressing 1 on the keyboard could make each char press 1 and was OK.
    If you press 1 on the keyboard though and then each character presses 1 to 0 in succession that was definitely banned.

The SWToR community is very anti boxing, in fact most of the community are a bunch of arses, so be careful what you say or do in public. I had people follow me around and call me names on the central hub just for having a character on follow, reminded me a lot of school which most of the community is like. I bet most of them were free to play as well while I had two subscriptions...

If you aren't banned then keep playing but don't do what you did to get noticed. Also only pay for a month in advance subscription in case you get banned and don't hold too much whatever their market place currency is.

Also don't ask if you can box, you can but don't get noticed...
    Intel 3930k | Asus P9X79 LE | 16GB Ram | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti | 240gb SSD | 2x1TB Raid 0 | AMH A399U 40" 4K Monitor | Logitech G19| Zboard Fang Gamepad | Logitech G602 |

SWToR - 2 box - Shadow and Sage - Shelved when Australian servers moved to the US.
    Everquest 2 - 4 box - Bruiser, Swashbuckler, Dirge and Warden - on sabbatical.
    Diablo 3 - 3 box - Barbarian, Monk and Crusader - got bored.
    Wildstar - 2 box - Stalker+Medic and Engineer+Spellslinger - punched out after the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_Jones View Post
    TOR was the best massivley multi-player online single player game I've played.
    Unfortunately that was the problem with it and why people quit in droves. The entire game was an oxymoron. Multiplayer single player? How's that even work?

My wife and I were both in the open beta, and then like you, each bought a copy and we were very discouraged. By 20th level we moved on and never went back to it. We weren't even able to play together, which is why we buy multiplayer games. I'm always a tank, and she's always a healer. Meant we were both just playing a single player game and then every once in awhile we'd play together to run an instance. Not at all why I play MMORPGs. (incidentally in the end it's what drove us away from FF14 ARR...same thing...a game that we had to play alone and occasionally could play together while leveling)

Since it went FTP I've given some thought to boxing it ... seeing now that they also frown on and go so far as to officially state they ban multiboxing saves me the time I guess.

I'd like to see them to ban everyone using a Nostromo or G15 type macro-able keyboard.