Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 41

Quote Originally Posted by breezett93 View Post
    Ok cool. So you are the go-to guy for SWTOR. Well, since it seems like everyone uses ISBoxer, hopefully sometime this year I'll be able to start using it.
    Heh. I hardly am an expert.

When using ISBoxer, the most important thing is to use Virtual Combat Keys in addition to Action Target Groups (there are youtube videos to help with this). Once that is set up, you could literally just set up 8 (1 for each mirrored advanced class) or 16 different keymaps. Then when you create characters you only have to point them to the correct keymap. This is a little of an oversimplification, but it's really not that hard.

Good luck and keep us posted.

EDIT: You don't *have* to do 8 or 16. I'm just saying those would really only be the max you'd ever really need. When I started out, I had 4 of the same characters so I just had a "Sentinel" map. Then, I added a "Sage" map, etc...
    Last edited by Sadge : 03-17-2014 at 03:47 AM

i actually just started boxing this again this weekend.and it seemed like alot of fun.been streaming my lvl progresion making 4 marauders.

Do you guys play as FTP or as subscriber? Thinking of boxing this again but is it worth playing as ftp?

I started boxing 4 sages last weekend on Red Eclipse EU - I've moved all my accounts up to sub status apart from 1. There's some pretty annoying limitations on the F2P account - but possibly the worst is the lack of action bars. There's a high chance i'll activate the 4th account too, as buying all the things that are locked without it is more expensive than just getting a months sub and going preferred.

Must have been you i saw on coruscant then? i whispered you but you logged shortly after. Ya i know the limitations are a pain.. luckily all my acc are prefered status. But i would maybe pay just to lvl faster. Is 3 acc viable for flashpoints having a companion as a filler?
    Last edited by Quilo : 03-29-2014 at 01:59 PM

Ha yeh it may well have been. I occasionally miss whispers! Had a few folk get quite livid that I was botting because I didn't spot it right away. Sorry I missed you, my main is Cloeia

In my experience so far some of the Heroic 4s and bosses will either require some strategy or a different composition get the most out of.
    I tried Esseles early on with 4 sages and it didnt work out two well. I also struggled with Trouble In Deed (4H) on Coruscant but things should be better if I can get the roll over healing thing working.
    I'm also likely to set up a jedi knight and have a tank in one slot and sages on the rest.

Whether I could get away with 3 and a companion I dunno. Maybe, if they were well kitted out perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
    Whether I could get away with 3 and a companion I dunno. Maybe, if they were well kitted out perhaps.
    You can probably get away with 3 + a companion. Three sages + a tank would probably work. Two dedicated DPS sages + a dedicated healer and you should be fine. I'm probably just going to go 2 characters. I really wish they would un-nerf tank companions however. At the end of beta people complained that tank companions statistically could tank as well as a player, so the companions tank stance buff got nerfed into the ground. Now tank companions will never approach the statistical mitigation potential of a player, and they are dumb to boot!

If I wanted to follow probably the most simple play style for doing flashpoints and then later hardmode flashpoints, this is what I'd do.

I'd 2 box sorc's (or maybe operatives) and get one of them the HK companion. Run 1 as DPS and 1 as a healer and use HK as DPS and the tank companion to tank. I've seen videos of people duoing hardmode flashpoints with tank companion + healer companion with a sage DPS'r and a commando healer.

Double Assassin/Shadow with 2x healer companions would probably also work a treat. One tanks one DPS's. There is a lot of new stuff added to the game that I'm not familiar with either. I'm reading about some sort of bolster system in flashpoints where your characters (and presumably companions) get buffed up to an optimal baseline stat.

I'm leaning towards assassins myself, I've got marauders and sentinels which I adore, but I aim to try and 2 man stuff and I don't think the tank/healer companion combo will get it done! In fact I'd probably be better off for some of the flashpoints going 2x healers with the marauders and tanking via cooldowns ;p

I think I just have to mature my ISBoxer set up a bit.. different class comps means really working on a more complex key bindings setup.
    My sages are catching up to my lower sentinel now, so I can probably just drop that toon in to my set up and work on moving on from there.

To be honest I haven't even really worked out how the target and assist stuff works - it just is and that's been good enough for me!
    I started looking at Chazz's Click healing guide but I got a bit lost.

Also still thinking I should put in a trooper and smuggler so I can see all the class quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
    I think I just have to mature my ISBoxer set up a bit.. different class comps means really working on a more complex key bindings setup.
    My sages are catching up to my lower sentinel now, so I can probably just drop that toon in to my set up and work on moving on from there.

To be honest I haven't even really worked out how the target and assist stuff works - it just is and that's been good enough for me!
    I started looking at Chazz's Click healing guide but I got a bit lost.

Also still thinking I should put in a trooper and smuggler so I can see all the class quests.
    The easiest way to do different classes is to either adapt their rotation to your existing DPS macro, or create character sets. Let's say your spam dps hotkey is R. R no longer sends Ctrl F1-F7, instead it sends "Sage DPS 1" to your sage and "Commando DPS 1" to your command then you have whatever keybinds you want inside the specific sage and command dps hotkeys. This setup allows you to do nifty stuff like run a DPS train and run a healer. If you remove the assist component from your DPS characters spam hotkey, you can set them on the target you want and start spamming away without interfering with their targeting. Freeing you up to play the healer more manually.