Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Targeting Macro

Default Targeting Macro

Getting back into multiboxing and I am running into an issue I don't remember from a few years ago.

Targeting, it seems is wonky. I normally run /assist [name] on my slaves but lately they have been running all over and not even remotely getting on my mains target.

What command should I be using instead of /assist?

Latency can be a real factor. If you are quickly changing targets and then hitting assist, the server might be sending your slaves the previous target instead of your new target. I guess it all depends on when you selected versus when they requested from the server who you were targeting. There seems to be some latency with this.

I have conditionals that choose targets optimally. First it tries to assist the character I'm driving from. Then it tries to assist one of the melee (if it is range) or finds the nearest enemy (if melee) or simply follows the driving character if there is still no available target.

It looks like this. Modify and append to any of your dps macros.

/stopmacro [@target, nodead, exists, harm]
    /assist {FTL}

/targetnearestenemy
    /targetenemyplayer

/stopmacro [@target, nodead, exists. harm]
    /assist <MELEE NAME HERE>

/follow {FTL}

There is a danger when using this if you fat finger the key ( I have done this ) in a PvP flagged area your characters WILL target other players and attack them. So be ready for that. Usually that is what I want but I've killed myself doing it, too.

Note: This won't fix the issue of having them on separate targets. This still happens with me from time to time but it happens far less because melee will engage first and the range will assist the melee. If I have a target, they will of course try to assist me first.

The command hasn't changed, but if your characters have almost identical names you can expect to run into issues.

As MiRai mentioned, If you have toons named like:

Cat
    Cat1
    CatTwo
    CatEtc

Then doing any sort of target or assist on Cat will just pick whichever of the above toons is closest.

Didn't MiRai used to have a team with names iiiiiil, iiiiili, iiiiliii, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    Didn't MiRai used to have a team with names iiiiiil, iiiiili, iiiiliii, etc?
    Yeah, they were (are) similar to that, but I try to keep all of those names the same length so that it doesn't happen. This 'bug' only happens when someone specifically has their, usually slave, characters named the same as their main, but with an added suffix.

So...

rfarris
    rfarristwo
    rfarristhree
    rfarrisfour
    rfarrisfive

...or something like that.

This means that the macros: /assist rfarris or /target rfarris ...technically match any of the five characters in the party.

The way to combat this is to either not name your characters in this manner, or to use something like this...

Code:
    /targetexact rfarris
    /assist
    ...but I honestly don't know how well that would work since I've never had to do try anything like that.