Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default When do you start adding macros to your dps key?

Wondering what level do you prefer to put macros in. For my shaman, I'm still casting lightning bolt and chain lightning, that's it. Seems ok for now. Was looking at the Macro section for shamans for example, and I don't even have half the spells there so far. Or were those macros intended for the 85+ crowd?

If you want to copy/paste macro's then they are 99% sure meant for the level cap. It's almost impossible (and a bit pointless at the same time) to provide macro's fit for each level/spec. Hence why it's imo important to understand what macro's do / how they work so you can tweak them yourself. In your example you have little choice but casting lightning bolt and chain lightning, and if you quest level you can basically use any spell you want. But if you do dungeons than why not add flame shock and lava burst as soon as you learn it? Which is lvl 34 ircc. Point being: you can make simplified versions of whatever macro you see that is intended for the level cap.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

If you are using ISBoxer, I just use a face-roll macro until you actually run into content that requires something else. You probably won't run into that until cataclysm dungeons.

In ISBoxer I set the number 2 key to press 4 through =. I then either drop the skills I want in priority, or reverse priority if you need combo points. I have one macro that's holds the basic follow, assist, use 13-14, shut of annoying noises bit.

On harder content, I still just use the face-roll setup in ISB, but I tweek the macros in game a lot more.

Blog Entries

I use the pro config now so most of those macros just start working whenever I get the ability. For new classes I open the spellbook and make sure I have macros in the macro library for abilities learned through about level 20 and then add the rest later.

Yes, I am using Isboxer. Going to try your advice Starbuck, sounds like that should work until these heirlooms stop working.

Lux, do you get any errors or delays while casting, since you would be missing some spells at earlier levels? I.e. instead of casting, an error like "spell not found" etc. Or does it just go right to whichever command in your macro that can be cast first?

Edit: There are no macro errors when a spell isn't available. Just rolls right through. I thought an error message used to pop up.
    Last edited by Damons : 12-18-2013 at 11:57 AM

Blog Entries

There is a system called CLS for IS Boxer.
    It isn't really finished.
    I believe MohammedAli (think that was his spelling) moved to Rift before completion.

The idea was a priority based setup.
    Where each ability a given Class - Level - Spec, would want to use is listed in the desired use order.
    It would essentially spam each of the keys, and you'd use the 'best' ability first and when that was on cooldown, the next best, etc.

A Balance Druid might want Moonfire and then Wrath.
    The system, at the current implementation spams one of those, but never the other... as they're both always available for you.

You could use that as an adaption point, when building your own leveling up macros.
    You could macro a castsequence with Wrath, Wrath, Moonfire, Wrath, Wrath, Wrath...
    A couple of Wraths to kill things quickly (which is x5 and then x10 casts... if you're 5-boxing), then Moonfire in there for longer fights, and more Wraths... including the initial two, that is five casts before Moonfire is re-applied (tweak to whatever works for your duration/latency/haste, etc... and re-adjust periodically as you level up, gain more abilities, better gear, more talents, etc).
    You can get the CLS from the IS Boxer page, in the forms.

Basically see which spells were included at your level.
    Then build a macro using them.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I tried Starbuck's method, then moved to what Lux was talking about. I just use 2 macros for single and aoe targets. Didn't add priority or step casting, will look into that after teams are 85.

I'll check out the CLS, thanks Ualaa.