Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Need help macroing proc casts on individual characters while maintaining standard rotation.

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to manage individual character's proc casts (in my case Ice Lance for Fingers of Frost procs) for each of my mages in an efficient manner while maintaining rotation/priority.
    I'm currently using ISBoxer and macroing it through WoW for these functions:

Both cast Frostbolt > Both cast Ice Lance (with alt modifier) <OR> Both cast Frostfire Bolt (with ctrl modifier)
    Mage1 cast Frostbolt > Mage2 cast Ice Lance (with alt modifier) <OR> Mage2 cast Frostfire Bolt (with ctrl modifier) ...or vice versa
    Mage2 cast Frostbolt > Mage1 cast Ice Lance (with alt modifier) <OR> Mage1 cast Frostfire Bolt (with ctrl modifier)

Is there is a more efficient manner in doing this that doesn't involve eating away 3 separate hotkeys with modifiers?

Blog Entries

You can either manage the proc yourself...
    Watching for it, and taking advantage when you notice it.

That might be with an addon like power aura.
    Or it could be with a video feed, if you box with IS Boxer.

This is going to be a lot more work on your part, but you should get better returns on that work.

The other alternative is to just build the proc into your regular DPS rotation, and forget about it.
    Depending on what you're boxing or how many you're boxing, this could be your best route.
    There can be a lot going on.

Checking wowhead, successful Frostbolts, Frostfire Bolts and Frozen Orb hits have a 15% chance to give you the proc.
    Blizzard ticks get you a 5% chance per tick.
    And the buff lasts for 15 seconds and stacks up to two times.

With the proc, your Ice Lance does +25% damage for 15 seconds.

You could macro a string of Frostbolts and Frostfire Bolts, that takes 7-8 seconds of casting.
    And follow that with an Ice Lance.
    Play around with that anyway.

Less of a headache, but not as optimal.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    You can either manage the proc yourself...
    Watching for it, and taking advantage when you notice it.

That might be with an addon like power aura.
    Or it could be with a video feed, if you box with IS Boxer.

This is going to be a lot more work on your part, but you should get better returns on that work.

[snip]
    Jamba-Proc worked great for managing my boomkin procs, I cant imagine needing anything else.